phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

New or Older style Molder Heads?

#272015 by Mullet » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:35 pm

How can I tell which style I have?

bought one off of ebay and want to get additional knives.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: New or Older style Molder Heads?

#272017 by chapmanruss » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:51 pm

If it was made by any of the companies who made the Shopsmith's over the years it will look like the ones in the two pictures below. The first picture is the older ones and can use the "old" style knives. The one in the second picture is the current Molder Head.

Molder Heads.jpg
Molder Heads.jpg (206.74 KiB) Viewed 2081 times

556213 Molder Head new.jpg
556213 Molder Head new.jpg (70.45 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
There are Molder Heads from other manufacturers that can fit on the Shopsmith but use their own knives for them. If the one you bought does not match any of the ones pictured than you will need knives from it's manufacturer.

---

Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.

#272116 by Mullet » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 am

Thank you! Looks like I have the newer one

#272120 by JPG » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Mullet wrote:Thank you! Looks like I have the newer one

NewER or newEST?

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange