phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

40 posts 1 2 3 4

Re: Spring Purchase

#263137 by Spooner » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:08 pm

Check out these beauties.... Wonder if they'd make a nice sled...

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/swd_slidingmiterbars.htm

Anyone tried them?

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#263141 by dusty » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Spooner wrote:Check out these beauties.... Wonder if they'd make a nice sled...

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/swd_slidingmiterbars.htm

Anyone tried them?

I use them on my cross cut sled and they work very well. I do wish, however, that they were a bit longer (for my sled).

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

#263149 by JPG » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Spooner wrote:Soooo Arbor with Blade we're looking at 2 1/4"? Correct?

I would be thinking 2 3/8 to allow some clearance. ;)

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#263159 by Spooner » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:11 am

dusty wrote:I use them on my cross cut sled and they work very well. I do wish, however, that they were a bit longer (for my sled).

Longer why Dusty?

#263160 by Spooner » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:12 am

JPG wrote:

I was thinking a 2 1/2" draw would do the trick. I could still see it hanging up on 2 3/8" if it's not seated in the drawer right.

#263161 by JPG » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:15 am

Spooner wrote:
JPG wrote:

I was thinking a 2 1/2" draw would do the trick. I could still see it hanging up on 2 3/8" if it's not seated in the drawer right.

A post for the arbor to fit over would eliminate the tendency to rock.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#263171 by Spooner » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm

JPG wrote:A post for the arbor to fit over would eliminate the tendency to rock.

Hey that's not a bad idea.

#265342 by Spooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Does anyone have the SS Shaper Cutters? If so what diameter are they and how high are they? I am gathering dimensions of bits, blades, fences and so on to figure out what size tool cabinet I need. I want do draw them out and see if I can get everything to fit.

#265343 by Spooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Also what are the dimensions for the table inserts? the one for the saw blade, dado head, shaper and so on?

#265350 by tucsonguy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Lift Assist, Miter set, premium casters... all excellent. If there's one tool I use regularly even with the Powerpro it is the speed reducer - for forstner bits and other work.
I spent a fair amount of time getting the mortising system to work properly and I have to say it's marginal. The length of the tools adds too much play and the table has too much flex to cut through well. I made a special table insert which lets me put a rod underneath all the way to the floor to remove the flex... then it worked pretty well. Not before then...
Shopsmith full set of drill bits is a nice investment too.