phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

New owner SS7

#259289 by bainin » Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi all- just wanted to introduce myself. Just turned 50 and instead of a crisis sports car, I thought I'd throw myself into a long term hobby. Always enjoyed working with my Dad on basic woodworking stuff around the house, never owned any tool that came with a table and came across the SS designs in my web wanderings.

Long story short, I found a well maintained SS 7 here in NC and took delivery from an honorable gentleman who was the original owner.

Heres the space-the SS is crammed against the wall while I try to spruce things up.

starting.jpg
starting.jpg (264.2 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

A couple days later, things are looking a bit better !

almostthere.jpg
almostthere.jpg (275.44 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

One more pic of the tool-really in great shape for a 30+ year old machine-kudos to the original owner-I hope I can maintain it for another 30.

shelfdone.jpg
shelfdone.jpg (279.59 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

Looking forward to starting her up and learning what I can from you veterans out there.

Regards,

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: New owner SS7

#259291 by JPG » Thu May 02, 2019 12:44 am

bainin wrote: . . .
Looking forward to starting her up and learning what I can from you veterans out there.

Regards,

Go here first :cool: maintenance-and-repair-f10/newowner-informaton-t7092.html

Welcome to the madness!!!

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#259294 by ChrisNeilan » Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 am

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you will have a great work space when done. Shopsmiths are wonderful machines that hold up well. It looks like you have a Mark V, not a 7.. the difference is the 7 is digital, where the V is mechanical... both good...
Happy woodworking!

---

Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe

#259298 by bainin » Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for the correction - I think its probably my lack of understanding of the nomenclature.

It started life as a 510, upgraded to 520...then powerpro headstock added later.

Regards,

#259299 by ChrisNeilan » Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 am

bainin wrote:Thanks for the correction - I think its probably my lack of understanding of the nomenclature.

It started life as a 510, upgraded to 520...then powerpro headstock added later.

Regards,

If upgraded to a Powerpro, you will love it. Reborn as a Mark 7!

---

Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe