phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

WOW, prepare for sticker shock

#259359 by dusty » Sat May 04, 2019 8:49 am

I am finishing up the renovation of my 1967 Aristocrat RV. I went to Hone Depot for a couple of poplar planks "1x4x8" and two 4x8 sheets of Birch Plywood. I never checked the price (until I got home). Don't do that unless you don't care how much you are spending. I figured I was approaching $100. I spent the $100 and then some.

I would have done this even if I had done due diligence as I need it to finish the renovation but I could have gone there with eyes open. :o :eek:

Wood working might no longer be an affordable hobby.

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: WOW, prepare for sticker shock

#259360 by garys » Sat May 04, 2019 9:27 am

I've noticed that wood has increased in price in the past couple of years. That won't stop me from doing my woodworking projects. I try to find people who have a stash of wood they put away and never used. After storing it enough years, they decide to sell it for a reasonable price. Then, I buy it and add it to my "stash" in the garage so I always have a nice supply of wood available.

#259367 by Hobbyman2 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Hope the quality was better then what was delivered to us and this was pressure treated !

20180621_123802.jpg
20180621_123802.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7669 times

---

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

#259370 by garys » Sat May 04, 2019 5:27 pm

That is why I don't have lumber delivered. I pick out my own selections, pay for them, and haul them home myself.

#259378 by jsburger » Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 pm

garys wrote:That is why I don't have lumber delivered. I pick out my own selections, pay for them, and haul them home myself.

:) :) :) Yeh, when you get it delivered you get all the stuff nobody picks up. :eek:

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

#259441 by wa2crk » Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Looks like it couldn't stand up to the pressure.
Bill V