The feet for the doll cradles require wood that is a full 1" thick. Since I didn't have any and didn't feel like taking a trip to the hardwood dealer, I decided to try using some of my scrap 3/4" wood. The theory being I would glue two pieces together to make a 1 1/2" blank and then resaw them to 1". They were too short to plane without snipe being a problem.
In my usual haste to see progress, I resawed each piece individually instead of making the same cut on all four pieces before moving to the next cut. Of course I ended up with pieces of four different thicknesses. Three were almost bang on so no adjustment was necessary. The fourth was about 1/8" too thick so had to be resawn again. Of course you know how it goes when one leg of the chair is too long and you try to shorten it. Well that's about where I am now. I will salvage them but needles to say, lesson learned,well maybe!
I did manage to make my first breadknife. Since it is made from a scrap piece of oak, it dosen't quite match the beauty of Andy's multi coloured wood ones but I am happy with it and it will replace the rather grungy one we now have in the kitchen drawer.