I got it, and at an incredible price of $100! Appears to be in excellent condition except for missing the gear cover and feed motor. Also missing the clamping brackets to secure it to the Shopsmith way tubes, but I'm sure I can either buy them or make something to work. My intent is still to convert it to manual feed, unless I happen to find a feed motor on eBay for a reasonable price. I could use some help with the following from anyone with a manual feed version:
1. The only gear cover available from Shopsmith is for a motor feed model. Can someone take some pictures of their manual feed gear cover and give me the dimension of hole diameter (in cover), how the handle attaches, any bushing sizes/dimensions, etc. Below is a picture of my drive end cover, which is probably very similar to the gear cover. The drive hub side cover has a 1.625" dia. hole.
2. The height adjustment handle may very well be able to double as a crank for manual feed. Below are pictures of my height adjustment handle. Can someone with a manual feed model send me pictures of their feed crank so I can see how the two compare?
The seller also had the variable speed control which I got, only it is missing the "key" to lock or unlock the switch. The seller took it apart and removed (and kept and included) the small plastic part and spring which will enable the switch to be used without the key, but I would prefer to put the part and spring back in, and either get or make a "key", so it will be usable as intended in case I do find a feed motor, or sellable. Does anyone know if the key is available from Shopsmith, have an extra, or could take pictures of theirs so I can maybe make my own?
- P2251198.JPG (119.6 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
- P2251199.JPG (87.89 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
- P2251200.JPG (105.02 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
- P2251201.JPG (96.95 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
- P2251205.JPG (67.69 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
- P2251206.JPG (79.4 KiB) Viewed 10387 times