phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

93 posts • Jump to page: 1 6 7 8 9 10

Bad news. I went to Eurton Electric with the motor/brush holder. They informed me that what is on their website is the selection they have available. I checked their part # BH4050 against my brush holder, and the BH4050 is for a wider brush size, as well as the brass portion being too long. Time to keep looking, it seems.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Can a 12" Planer w/o feed motor be converted to manual feed?

#263818 by everettdavis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:07 am

I am still on the trail. Having to obtain and document the 4 known types of Planer Feed Motors and I just encountered a 5th type that is out there... Negotiating to acquire it. Don't need it, but need it to document.

Still looking for the carbon brush holder and correct carbon brushes...

There are a bunch of holders out there, and it makes no sense to me at all that Shopsmith would have built a custom reduction gear motor for the planer when so many manufactured pieces of other equipment in other industries used very similar motors in other applications.

As you can tell from the attached photo, nailing down the holder(s) is a challenge, but I do not believe it is impossible, just hard. Once I find the holder, the appropriate brush to fill it should be far simpler.

Everett
Extruded Cartridge Brush Holders.png
Extruded Cartridge Brush Holders.png (258.68 KiB) Viewed 1016 times

Here is a photo of the 5th type of Planer Feed Motor.

I acquired it and the controller for it and will document it in detail in coming months.

Everett
02B4EC68-2F4E-40CF-AF17-D2D6912E7968.jpeg
02B4EC68-2F4E-40CF-AF17-D2D6912E7968.jpeg (306.72 KiB) Viewed 930 times