phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

173 posts • Jump to page: 1 14 15 16 17 18

Re: Gallery of Restorations

#263763 by skou » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:59 am

artman60 wrote:You gentlemen do such an incredible job restoring these machines, if I got my hands on one I wouldn’t dare to use it. I would put it in the living room and call it a piece of art.

I had one in the front room of an apartment. Like Jethro Gibbs's, it too was a "coffee table."
Jethro's lived in the basement, but at various times, I saw his father, and Ducky, using
it as a drinks table. Dad played John Walton Sr, and Ducky has stated, that in his earlier
life, he looked like Napoleon Solo.

It seems that I added to the Wikipedia article on Jethro's name and Model 10.
Cast Iron Shopsmith Model 10ER is all in caps. Only I'd do that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Namesake_(NCIS)

steve

---

10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#263764 by rpd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:27 am

Corrected link. ;)

---

Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,

#263791 by beeg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:23 am

skou wrote:
artman60 wrote:You gentlemen do such an incredible job restoring these machines, if I got my hands on one I wouldn’t dare to use it. I would put it in the living room and call it a piece of art.

I had one in the front room of an apartment. Like Jethro Gibbs's, it too was a "coffee table."
Jethro's lived in the basement, but at various times, I saw his father, and Ducky, using
it as a drinks table. Dad played John Walton Sr, and Ducky has stated, that in his earlier
life, he looked like Napoleon Solo. (Wrong. It's Illya Kuryakin)

It seems that I added to the Wikipedia article on Jethro's name and Model 10.
Cast Iron Shopsmith Model 10ER is all in caps. Only I'd do that.

steve

---

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob