phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

46 posts 1 2 3 4 5

Re: How to Resolve a RPS State Error 0

#236929 by charlese » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 am

By All Means Put the entire unit back together - including all wire connections. You can't get the unit to function by trying to analyze separate parts.

THE POWERPRO IS NOT FUNCTIONAL UNTIL COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED. Probably the 5 prong connector is loose. Hope it is not pulled (stretched) loose.

---

Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#237095 by c2h6o » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 am

First a BIG thank you to Charles. I did reassemble the entire headstock as Charles suggested and the system works-no errors. My bad, but a lesson well learned. I had no idea there were IR speed sensors that were integral to the PP system. At least I got much more proficient and comfortable at taking the headstock system apart and putting it back together.

Thank you again Charles....

#237110 by charlese » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 pm

c2h6o wrote:... At least I got much more proficient and comfortable at taking the headstock system apart and putting it back together.

Thank you again Charles....

You're welcome/ Hopefull you won't have to take it apart for a long long time - if forever.

---

Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.

Chuck in Lancaster, CA

#237543 by c2h6o » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 am

Well my RPS error message has returned. After successfully running the SS for 3-4 days, I started a turning project and the RPS error code pops up. When I push the ON button, the display shows run, then LOW, then RPS error, all in less then 2 seconds. Appreciate any guidance from the forum....

#237562 by JPG » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:50 pm

I think you need to be talking to Wes or Jim at SS.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#237779 by Paulh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Has this been resolved?

#237802 by JPG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Paulh wrote:Has this been resolved?

Same problem??? maintenance-and-repair-f10/power-pro-error-code-t20352.html

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#237819 by wrmnfzy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 am

How did you get the black cover off? All I saw was a screw on the bottom and a few white plastic tabs.

#237932 by c2h6o » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:58 pm

No not yet--SS is slated to send me a new power supply and speed sensor

#238238 by c2h6o » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm

I just replaced the speed sensor and power supply. Everything works as of right now. I also posted instructions w pictures for replacing speed sensor since I could not find them anywhere, SS service was a big help with this.

maintenance-and-repair-f10/speed-sensor-for-power-pro-replacement-instruction-t20396.html