phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

46 posts 1 2 3 4 5

Re: How to Resolve a RPS State Error 0

#263530 by dusty » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 am

Are you calling at a time when Shopsmith is open? Are you calling 937.890.5197?

https://www.shopsmith.com/# --- click on ENGINEERING SUPPORT.

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#263549 by lpollett » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:36 am

Yes and Yes.

The email address they provide for tech support is catreq@shopsmith.com. My emails have always gone unanswered.

Since Customer Care doesn't answer, it's kinda hard to schedule an appointment.

But fortunately, thanks to scanning online postings, I knew what to look for and finally solved my problem. PTL for the forums.

#263550 by dusty » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 am

lpollett wrote:Yes and Yes.

The email address they provide for tech support is catreq@shopsmith.com. My emails have always gone unanswered.

Since Customer Care doesn't answer, it's kinda hard to schedule an appointment.

But fortunately, thanks to scanning online postings, I knew what to look for and finally solved my problem. PTL for the forums.

Why, then do you insist on contacting them by email.

Thankfully you have resolved this issue using other means.

Please share what you have learned. Doing so might help someone else.

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

#263551 by algale » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 am

lpollett wrote:The email address they provide for tech support is catreq@shopsmith.com. My emails have always gone unanswered.

Where do you get that email address for tech support? I can't find it on the website and "catreq" sounds a lot like shorthand for "catalog request". Might be a dead or outdated link or a typo. The Shopsmith website and printed materials have a few of those.

The current Shopsmith homepage website lists a phone number to call for tech support (937-890-5197) and now has an on-line system to book tech support online at https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/schedule_call.htm

Sadly, only under warranty items qualify for free engineering support.

---

Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

#263587 by lpollett » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:40 pm

That is the email address they give while waiting on hold for customer support to answer. And I have been given that address in the past when talking to someone at SS.

I have posted a new thread that outlines the steps in resolving the problem, so someone else doesn't have to spend hours on the phone holding.

Thanks

#263609 by JPG » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22959

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange