I just obtained my first Shopsmith. It's a 10ER, serial 35123, in kind of rough shape. I want to get it functional, and looking like brand new. I know it'll take some work!
So far the only thing I've done is lay out the box of parts and start figuring out what I have, and what's missing. Let's see some pictures:
I've only just started learning about this machine. Already found that fantastic google drive full of documents. Figured out I have the optional speed changer, shaper fence, front table extension, mortising attachment, and mortising hold down.
My first question... what year of manufacture is this machine? I found the mark V s/n list, but not the list for 10ERs. Where can I find that information, please?
Those last two photos... ugh! I sure hope that pulley whatsit was a spare, 'cause I think it's just a little bit beyond help. And it's probably not too clear that the last photo is looking inside the headstock, where I found a wirenut and electrical tape!!! I am seriously horrified that I turned this thing on, with my hand touching the case! I could've been killed. This deathtrap is absolutely not going to run again until I strip all that crap out, clean her up, and put her back together right.
Anyway. Hello to the forum! I've already been reading here for the past couple of days, and you all seem like a great bunch of people.
- IMG_0126_rescaled.JPEG (523.59 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0130_rescaled.JPEG (443.29 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0131_rescaled.JPEG (542.23 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0138_rescaled.JPEG (431.9 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0140_rescaled.JPEG (463.56 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0147_rescaled.JPEG (349.21 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
- IMG_0141_rescaled.JPEG (391.37 KiB) Viewed 12322 times