phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

84 posts • Jump to page: 1 5 6 7 8 9

Re: New to Me Model 10E Serial Number 1077

#260242 by chapmanruss » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:14 am

UncleBob71,
Do post copies of those original documents. Some of the original manuals, instruction sheets and catalogs from the Model 10 era are rare indeed and it is nice to be able to share them. As an example the original typed Manual for the first Model 10E machines shipped has only two known original copies left. John has one and an eBay seller has the other. Thanks to John sharing his with us here on the forum so we can all have access to this nearly lost treasure. Also thanks to Everett for his restoration work on these documents. Without them I would not have a copy of the manual for my 10E S/N 1077.

---

Russ

Mark V 520 S/N 09-11-01 completely upgraded to Mark 7, with all SPT's & more.
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#260247 by everettdavis » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

UncleBob71

I would respectfully ask that you send the full size scans in an email to me so they may be restored and preserved.

Send un-restored document submissions to shopsmithhistorian@gmail.com

My preference is scanned in color even though they were black and white, and the best results come from PNG or JPG files scanned at 300 to 600 pixel setting.

This is a one way only email address - nothing will be sent back, no questions asked or answered there. These forums are for that and dozens of people can assist.

One loses a good bit of detail in resizing graphics down small enough to post in forums

I take them and do document restoration and photo enhancement then build PDF's from them that allows downloading and zooming in with more clarity

Examples are all over My Google Drive link. Everything there is free.

Check there first to see if it's already done.

Everett

Here is a quick example using only the earlier submission in the forum as a source.

Page 2 early catalog minimal edits.jpg
Page 2 early catalog minimal edits.jpg (156.6 KiB) Viewed 3374 times

#260254 by Thomschuck » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Congrats Russ! The history alone is fun. I can honestly tell you I have never witnessed the shared knowledge and expertise of so many on any forum. It sure makes owning one just that much more special. Thanks for all the ongoing conversations. Well Done!
TS

#260275 by UncleBob71 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 pm

I will post as soon as I get good copies scanned.