phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

What Are These For?

#263417 by Meng88 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:53 pm

I've mentioned it in previous posts, but I inherited my shopsmith with tons of attachments from my late grandfather. These two have been sitting bugging me for the past 6 months since I got everything because I can't figure out what they are for. Any help from the forum world? If it helps, the smaller one fits perfectly into the larger one.

Attachments

IMG_6399.jpg
IMG_6399.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1826 times

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: What Are These For?

#263418 by algale » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:14 pm

The item on the left is an adjustable stop collar. Goes on the leg of the main table and allows micro adjustment. Seen here: https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... collar.htm

The item on the right appears to be the a lathe drive center. You put a screw through the back and into the work piece. Item "D" here: https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... enters.htm

---

Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

#263419 by JPG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm

IIRC, the drive center needs a #14 wood screw.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#263424 by chapmanruss » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 pm

JPG is correct and the screw is an 1-1/4" long.

---

Russ

Mark V 520 S/N 09-11-01 completely upgraded to Mark 7, with all SPT's & more.
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters.

#263425 by Spooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:01 pm

That's pretty freaking cool... I'm adding that to my wish list.