Couldn't be me, my phone doesn't have a camera. :D

(But, I could be going to the concert in Phoenix, in October.):) :D

steve
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

For iPhone users:

Settings ➡ privacy ➡ location services ➡

This lets you choose what programs have access to your gps data. I have it turned off for the camera and anything else except for maps / GPS apps.
- 1986 Mark V 500 Mini

- 1985 Mark V 510 with reversible motor, bandsaw, jointer, and double-tilt.

I offer quality motor reversal, rebuilding, and rewiring. Contact me at HarbourTools@live.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

skou wrote:Who you callin' Parrothead?

Couldn't be me, my phone doesn't have a camera. :D

(But, I could be going to the concert in Phoenix, in October.):) :D

steve
Fear Not! He has already replied!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

Ed in Tampa wrote:How does one see this data?
Easy- get a job with the Obama regime.
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

keakap wrote:Easy- get a job with the Obama regime.

That's a gud un!!!

Or look to post #9 this thread for a clue!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

keakap wrote:Easy- get a job with the Obama regime.
Seems a bit unfair to put all the blame on Obama when that program was started by George W. after 9-11.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:Seems a bit unfair to put all the blame on Obama when that program was started by George W. after 9-11.
It ain't about who started what, it is about who is doing what now.

If somebody else started something 'wrong', then the current somebody should stop it when they become aware of it.

Just my humble old fashioned sense of responsibility.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

What I can't get pass is why anyone would think to include such information which is hidden and unknown to most people. There had to be a motive and I would like to know who made the decision to include this info and what their thinking was. Likewise I would like to know why they then decided not to make this common knowledge.

Frankly I think it was very Big Brother ish!
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
frank81
Gold Member

Post by frank81 »

Ed in Tampa wrote:What I can't get pass is why anyone would think to include such information which is hidden and unknown to most people. There had to be a motive and I would like to know who made the decision to include this info and what their thinking was. Likewise I would like to know why they then decided not to make this common knowledge.

Frankly I think it was very Big Brother ish!
There is actually a valid reason for it. A lot of people want their GPS location on their photos. Not so much pictures of their kids at home, but pictures on vacation, hiking, road trips, etc. There is software that will use that info and make maps or whatnot. Just another way of organizing and looking at photos.
mikelst
Gold Member

Why is the data included?

Post by mikelst »

My understanding is that the location, date and time were included with photo data so that you could post Pictures to the social network sights to 'prove' to your "friends" where you were when you took the pictures.

Then some less scrupulous persons would note that X person was taking pictures at (eg.) the Grand Canyon, There Home Profile Picture shows them at 1234 Main, Hobokin, New Jersey. Now is probably a good time to rob their house since no one is home...

Letting unknown people know no one is home at your house and are at least a day out is probably not a good idea.
Mike......... Rowlett, Texas, near Dallas
86 MK V 500/520. 59 MK 5 Greenie Shorty. SS Jointer, SS Planer,
SS Bandsaw, SS Lathe duplicator, SS Belt Sander,SS Molder & Shaper,
SS Tenon master jig, SS Mortising kit, SS 2 1/4' Drum Sanders, Ringmaster, DC3300....