Sawdust and Blackboard Session Index

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

I have javascript enabled in all 3 browsers. I find it weird that in IE, it will work with one of the previously listed search terms, but not any other!
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Thanks a lot for this.
I use Chrome and had no problems with the search function.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
cowboyplus
Gold Member

Post by cowboyplus »

heathicus wrote:I have javascript enabled in all 3 browsers. I find it weird that in IE, it will work with one of the previously listed search terms, but not any other!

Click on "Display all video titles by sessions" or "Display all video titles by description(A-Z)" to get a listing of all the titles. Pick any word in one of those titles for a search term and you will get at least that title returned.

In IE 8 you might need to enable "compatibility view". In all of my IE 8 browsers it works with "compatibility view" enabled or disabled.

mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

heathicus wrote:Great resource! But I couldn't get the search function to work. Every search resulted in just a blank screen.
I'm also seeing some weird NON REPEATABLE search issues similar to heath. Can't even explain since it comes and goes. Sometimes search works and sometimes not.

A way around this if you KNOW the word your searching for is to use the browser "find on page" feature. First click on either "Display all video titles by sessions" or "Display all video titles by description(A-Z)" found directly below the page title and in IE, pulldown menu EDIT / FIND ON THIS PAGE and type in the search there.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
baysidebob
Gold Member

Post by baysidebob »

Yesterday I was looking for the Sawdust Session on sharpening lathe chisels and it took me, seemed like forever to find. Some how I forgot about this thread and did not use it. I did eventually find what I was looking for, but after stumbling across this this AM I looked again and THERE it was right in front of me. How easy, even for me. Thanks you guys for setting this up should save all of us a lot of time.......

I have a couple of other questions about sharpening with the Sharpening Guide but I will have to come back to that later.

Now I have to pick up my youngest Granddaughter, 17, and take her for a driving lesson. Seems that both her parents are just to nervous to ride with her. Doesn't bother me, but it gets pretty boring just turn right, turn left, go straight, parking, backing up. She has most trouble with backing up, wants to turn wrong way.

Oh yea she is practiceing with my car. Parents think she might hit something with theirs. I tell her it is just a car.
I keep finding little windows on this forum, that I don't really know what they do. So sometimes I experiment. Probably shouldn't do that, I know in my shop it can get me into trouble.
Bayside Bob
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

cowboyplus wrote:Click on "Display all video titles by sessions" or "Display all video titles by description(A-Z)" to get a listing of all the titles. Pick any word in one of those titles for a search term and you will get at least that title returned.
Yep, did that...
mickyd wrote:A way around this if you KNOW the word your searching for is to use the browser "find on page" feature. First click on either "Display all video titles by sessions" or "Display all video titles by description(A-Z)" found directly below the page title and in IE, pulldown menu EDIT / FIND ON THIS PAGE and type in the search there.
That's my current workaround method. CTRL-F seems to be the universal shortcut key for a browser's "find on page" feature. That shortcut works in IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

Wow, this is awesome. It is working for me. Great job
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

The file is no longer available?
cowboyplus
Gold Member

Post by cowboyplus »

rcplaneguy wrote:The file is no longer available?

Sorry all ~~ I built a new server and missed a few of the 500k files while cleaning up.

Video index is back in it's original location http://CowboyPlus.net/video.html and the Compound Miter calculator is also back in it's original location: http://CowboyPlus.net/cmiter
Lodgepole
Gold Member

Post by Lodgepole »

Thanks, this will be a great tool!