Is it even remotely possible

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

[quote="beeg"]And that's why Dusty replied to "the gentleman from Tampa ":D ]

I didn't know this was causing Dusty problems, I only say the question, the various answers etc. So Dusty's last post confused me. SORRY:confused: And I thank Dusty for explaining it, now it makes sense.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
jcgorla
Gold Member

Post by jcgorla »

Adobe Flash use on websites generally will kick a computer's CPU and it's graphics processors into a higher processing mode which will drive temperature up.
Making sawdust in Lake Ridge, VA
Shopsmith Mark V, 520 Upgrade, Jointer, DC 3300, Router Table, Several DeWalt power tools
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I too have fans (3) that are speed controlled by the temperatures sensed. The speed changes are very noticeable when then temperatures are up (fans ar high speed).

I'll try to draw some correlation to fan noise and Adobe participation. Thanks for that input.

This whole episode has a good ending. I have the core temperatures down to the thirties. They were in the high forties. When they are low (like now), I don't even hear the fans.

[ATTACH]23923[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Capture Computer Temperatures (Custom).PNG
Capture Computer Temperatures (Custom).PNG (214.61 KiB) Viewed 991 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Dusty, I've got this nasty Adobe "addon" that runs my CPU at 100%, unless I go to task manager, and shut it down.

Don't know where it came from, but since I'm getting a larger solid-state drive soon, I'll do a re-format and re-install of W7.

steve
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I seem to have the thermal issue resolved but I could be wrong. In fact, it might never have been a "thermal issue" but rather a CPU Usage issue. I say that because I sometimes have CPU Usage (according to task manager) at 80%-100%. Right now it runs around 14% and the system is running cool.

I just don't know what causes what.

The more I learn, the more uninformed I seem to be. Right now I am trying to distinguish between CPU temperature, board temperature, core temperature and NB temperature.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

What Is Running In the Background?

Post by dusty »

I thought nothing but I was not paying attention to my tool bar.

This was not a significant contributor to my heating and cpu usage issue but I did find that Skype was running in the back ground and Skype does consume a noticeable amount of memory.

Nothing sinister going on. Skype can be disabled by using the Skype Tools. Previously I could disable Skype only to find it would come back the next time I booted.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty