Acculock

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

onevw
Gold Member

Acculock

Post by onevw »

Does anyone have any info on a product called "STRAIGHTEDGE TECHNOLOGY ACCULOCK” I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO ON THIS product.

Rick
Attachments
EBY_4961.jpg
EBY_4961.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

These links look like the same critter

Here is an ad p 21

And Here on p 130
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
onevw
Gold Member

Post by onevw »

lightnin wrote:These links look like the same critter

Here is an ad p 21

And Here on p 130
Ok

These things are not produced today? This was a very high quality production product. I found it at a second hand store for $10.00.

RICK
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I think the Egyptians may have used one of them.:D
Bill V
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

No kidding. Some of the tools used by the Egyptians (and others) were quite amazing. Simple things like a plumb bob used to set fence posts.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

dusty wrote:No kidding. Some of the tools used by the Egyptians (and others) were quite amazing. Simple things like a plumb bob used to set fence posts.
OH NO. Ya NEED to USE a laser and GPS.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

beeg wrote:OH NO. Ya NEED to USE a laser and GPS.
Thank you, Beeg. You just reminded me that I need to solicit some help from one of the grand kids. I need one of them to bring their cell phone or android or whatever with its GPS and locate my property corners.

I know the coordinates for each of the corners.

I have a GPS kit in a suitcase that would do the job except that it weights about thirty pounds and requires 110vac.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:No kidding. Some of the tools used by the Egyptians (and others) were quite amazing. Simple things like a plumb bob used to set fence posts.
Ya all know how to use a plumb bob to check for level?;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

[quote="JPG40504"]Ya all know how to use a plumb bob to check for level?]

OK, I'll bite. How? I presume that using a square would be cheating. :eek:
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:OK, I'll bite. How? I presume that using a square would be cheating. :eek:

Not really! But the thing used needs to be calibrated with a square.;)(or something close and split the difference)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange