Getting back into woodworking...New to Shopsmith

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

hoth2o
Silver Member

Getting back into woodworking...New to Shopsmith

Post by hoth2o »

As the title suggests I used to do a little wood working but life got in the way:eek:

Been wanting to do some turning projects, pens, bowls, etc. When I started looking on CL for lathes I saw several Mark V's. Did some research, found this forum and as of today I'm a new Shopsmith owner. Just parked it in the shop and will work on cleaning it up tomorrow.

Not great pics but here she is:

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

hoth2o wrote:As the title suggests I used to do a little wood working but life got in the way:eek:

Been wanting to do some turning projects, pens, bowls, etc. When I started looking on CL for lathes I saw several Mark V's. Did some research, found this forum and as of today I'm a new Shopsmith owner. Just parked it in the shop and will work on cleaning it up tomorrow.

Not great pics but here she is:

Welcome!:)

A little rough, but she will clean up nicely.:cool:

Do read the sticky threads at the top of the maintenance and repair forum.;)

Did you get any tables with it?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
hoth2o
Silver Member

Post by hoth2o »

[quote="JPG40504"]Welcome!:)

A little rough, but she will clean up nicely.:cool:

Do read the sticky threads at the top of the maintenance and repair forum.]

Thanks! I have poured through the maintenance forum and am ready to tackle it

It came with the saw tables, a shaper fence. all the lathe and drill parts, sanding wheel, lots of arbors and blades,.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

hoth2o wrote:Thanks! I have poured through the maintenance forum and am ready to tackle it

It came with the saw tables, a shaper fence. all the lathe and drill parts, sanding wheel, lots of arbors and blades,.
Whew! Happy to hear that!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Welcome to the forum. Like JPG it will clean up nicely.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
Rick Setina
Silver Member

Post by Rick Setina »

Looks like mostly dust. It should clean up nicely. Welcome to the forum. If you're going to use it a lot, I'd upgrade to the pro headstock. I did and what a difference.
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having 1 is not enough!!!! They are addictive!!!!!!!
All kinds of SS help here!!!!!
You can believe it all, just watch out for JPG, he cant spell corectly!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.