Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Staple remover??????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG wrote:Staple remover??????
Nail Remover.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Looking at the jaws, I think it would work better on staples(as in fencing staples).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

You can see one being used in this video. (And, it's an interesting video, too.)

Never much really watched his TV show, but I LIKE this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs

Look at about 7 minutes, or so.

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

reible wrote:The next item I'll not name so if you don't know what it is or how it works you can try to guess. I've used this type item a lot when I was younger and while the model I had was a bit more aggressive this will suit me fine (story of how I lost mine is way to convoluted to describe without me feeling bad so it will go untold).

I will say that this tool has Pat. Sept 18, 1904 no idea when this one made. It is new to me and I have plans to leave it as is and use it this way.

[ATTACH]26895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26896[/ATTACH]

Ed
HAH HAH,They work best on the old square cut nails but can pull most round nails too.The round nails are a much harder material and the jaws don't cut into them quite as well.
I use one of those several times a week.Anyone that deals with Reclaimed barn wood will get to know one of those very well or lose alot of saw blades.some of the simplist tools are amazing to work with.One of my favorites is a simple crow bar.If you find a good one you can take a whole barn down with one,it seems.Others are a drawknife and shave horse,and a well tuned hand saw.Everyone should get to know these tools better.
idcook
Gold Member

Post by idcook »

Eureka! (More like thank you) ;)

Recently snatched up several abandoned 8x8x10 beams found near a wreck/rebuild site. However, a few of these behemoths are rather heavily infused with nails. I'd been trying to figure the most effective way to remove the nails with minimum damage to the wood.

This looks like just the thing and, since I seem to be having pretty fair luck happening upon such finds, I'm pretty sure it'll get plenty of use.
S Brian
Gold Member

Post by S Brian »

reible wrote:The next item I'll not name so if you don't know what it is or how it works you can try to guess. I've used this type item a lot when I was younger and while the model I had was a bit more aggressive this will suit me fine (story of how I lost mine is way to convoluted to describe without me feeling bad so it will go untold).

I will say that this tool has Pat. Sept 18, 1904 no idea when this one made. It is new to me and I have plans to leave it as is and use it this way.

[ATTACH]26895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26896[/ATTACH]

Ed
I am just 65 years young and I used one of those as a boy, when in in 1962 I helped my father turn our single stall garage into two stalls, by moving one wall several feet and filling in all the gaps. :)
Brian
Mark V-500 Purchased New In 1980, SS Bandsaw (free), SS Jointer, SS 6x48 Belt Sander (free), SS Storage Station (free), Powermatic 64A Table Saw, Powermatic 1140F Drill Press, Delta 46-460 Midi-Lathe, Delta Scrollsaw, Bosch 12" Dual Compound Miter Saw, MLCS Router Table w/Bosch Router, Penn State dust collector.