Thanks to All

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kellycat
Silver Member
Location: White Cloud Michigan ( Where the North begins and the pure waters flow)

Thanks to All

Post by kellycat »

:cool:

Just a big thank you here to ALL the folks who replied to my posts this week. I can't tell you how much I appreciated the feed back on my questions. I lost my dad to colon cancer and I'm wishing I would have spend alot more time with him in his shop. I have a ton of more questions about my shop smith but now have to study the materials that you all sent me for aligning my shop smith so I can make saw dust just like you folks. Thanks again kellycat.:)
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Kellycat,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I have four children all adults. Until my youngest daughter bought her first home none of my kids were interested in Dad's shop. Except of course to ask for things I made. Now that my daughter has begun working on the second home she is anxious for us to move closer to her so we can build projects together. She even offered for my shop to be located in her garage. Isn't she sweet:D I am thrilled with her interest as well as the interest of her eight year old daughter. Incidentally she is single and builds/remodels things most women wouldn't consider. The phone call I get that begin, Dad I need a little help, Those are the best kind. I can hardly wait to get moved. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Hi Jim!
fjimp wrote:...She even offered for my shop to be located in her garage. Isn't she sweet:D...
Do I "hear" a little sarcasm here Jim?

I can understand why you are looking forward to retiring (already accomplished is it knot?), selling your current home and moving to Colorado! I hope that happens for you soon!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

kellycat wrote::cool:

Just a big thank you here to ALL the folks who replied to my posts this week. I can't tell you how much I appreciated the feed back on my questions. I lost my dad to colon cancer and I'm wishing I would have spend alot more time with him in his shop. I have a ton of more questions about my shop smith but now have to study the materials that you all sent me for aligning my shop smith so I can make saw dust just like you folks. Thanks again kellycat.:)
I am sorry for your loss, kellycat.:( If you have kids, encourage them to learn right along side of you. Never stop asking the forum questions; someone will be willing to help you!:)
Tim

kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

It's definitely a joy to have the children (grandchildren) enjoy woodworking with you. Karrin is 7, and we were making a gear for her science project. She earned second place.
[ATTACH]1617[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Karrin in shop.JPG
Karrin in shop.JPG (141.52 KiB) Viewed 7965 times
Gary Kalyn
Kalynzoo Productions
Woodworking
Porter Ranch/Northridge
Los Angeles, CA
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Hey there Gary - You've done it again!! That photo is worth several thousand words, not to mention all of the emotions! Thanks a million for posting it. Don't be too surprised if Shopsmith or someone else requests permission to use it for advertising. As it is, it could be a magazine cover. If were copied in paints, it would be a real classic.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

I also am sorry to hear about your loss kellycat. I have a daughter that always apreciates what I build but hasn't shown any interest in the building processes except to peak out in the shops and say whats ya building dad. I also have a nephew who is like a grandson to us who shows a ton of interest.
Attachments
jordan sanding2.jpg
jordan sanding2.jpg (165.87 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
jordan sweeping3.jpg
jordan sweeping3.jpg (265.27 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
jordan sweeping 4.jpg
jordan sweeping 4.jpg (190.43 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Also while we are giving out thanks heres to all of ya who prayed and thought of me. My knee surgery went well. I won't be in the shop for a while the right knee was alot worse than first thought but the doc felt he was able to repair the tears in both knees but there was or should I say there is alot of arthritis in the right knee. I will be up for a replacement next time. I thought for a while it wasn't to smart having both knees done at once but now its not so bad. I am getting very bored. But I do appreciate the little things like going on the computer and tv. I have tried to read but I don't absorbe much when I am doped up.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Please have a good recovery, scottss!
Tim

scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Thanks Tim. By the way hows buisiness down there? Construction up here has slowed down and in fact one of the bigger truss builders closed there doors the other day. My brother is in house construction and he missed a few weeks but has a house comming up.