INCRA Fence Positioner replacement

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

james.miller
Gold Member

INCRA Fence Positioner replacement

Post by james.miller »

Does anyone know if the new Incra Fence Positioner http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCRA_L ... p/ls32.htm will replace the old style one used on the Ultra Fence?

It would be nice to have the newer technology of a lead screw.
Jim in Tucson
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

The newer style has been around for a couple of years now.

Like you, I wished they had changed it before I bought my system. So far I haven't read anything about Shopsmith swapping out the old ones for the newer one.

I think Incra still offers the older style for sale, and will need to retool the system so the newer positioner will work on a Shopsmith. That, and they probably won't change it until they run out of the older style they still have on the shelves for the Shopsmith.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Is the problem in the way the positioner attaches to the fence or the way it attaches to the table?

Does everyone who uses this have their tables drilled to mount the positioner?

Whatever the problem, the new positioner sure looks neat. Incra was always excellent but "they have come a long way baby". I have one of the real early model Incra that I purchased when I lived in Allen, TX.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
james.miller
Gold Member

Post by james.miller »

It should mount to the fence but I don't know about it mounting to the small base that mounts to the table.
Jim in Tucson