Fell off my Pro Planer - Where does it go?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tdubnik
Platinum Member

Fell off my Pro Planer - Where does it go?

Post by tdubnik »

I was planing some wood yesterday and when I got done I found this laying on the floor under the Pro Planer. I checked the parts diagram and the only parts I could find that looked like this are parts 83, 85, and 86. I checked but those parts are still in my planer.

What else could they be and where do they go?

The bolt is 3/8" in diameter and 1 1/4" long.
planerbolt.JPG
planerbolt.JPG (275.11 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Fell off my Pro Planer - Where does it go?

Post by JPG »

tdubnik wrote:I was planing some wood yesterday and when I got done I found this laying on the floor under the Pro Planer. I checked the parts diagram and the only parts I could find that looked like this are parts 83, 85, and 86. I checked but those parts are still in my planer.

What else could they be and where do they go?

The bolt is 3/8" in diameter and 1 1/4" long.
planerbolt.JPG
83 is the motor. Did you mean 84?

Look for 9.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Maybe but maybe not.
Attachments
Capture ProPlaner.PNG
Capture ProPlaner.PNG (361.64 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

As has occurred all too often in the past, there are different 'versions' of exploded drawings and parts index numbers.

I suggest using only the online 'version' for these 'discussions'.

Dusty has a different version than mine and the online version.
I would like to see the pivot screw in Dusty's manual.(nev mind, no pix but it is in the list)

Hang on to it(if that is what it is) since it is "N/A".

Well it seems they were! I am surprised the pro planer index numbers are not a super set of the SS mount planer.
Last edited by JPG on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
tdubnik
Platinum Member

Post by tdubnik »

JPG wrote:

Look for 9.
The online parts list shows 83 as a pivot screw, 85 as a washer and 86 as a spacer washer.

That's the only thing I could find that looks like my parts. The planer is also on a stand but I couldn't find anything close there either.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tdubnik wrote:
JPG wrote:

Look for 9.
The online parts list shows 83 as a pivot screw, 85 as a washer and 86 as a spacer washer.

That's the only thing I could find that looks like my parts. The planer is also on a stand but I couldn't find anything close there either.
Sheesh!!! Hooda thunk the index numbers woulda been COMPLETELY different??? :rolleyes:

Maybe it has been there all this time(dropped in there at the factory)?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The Exploded Parts List that I posted is from the Online Parts Catalog. It is also consistent with the hard copy document that I received with my ProPlaner when it was new.

The hard copy, however, listed parts numbers. They are #83 - 513372 (pivot screw), #84 - 513352 (pivot arm) and # 85 - 513794 (washer). It is significant to note that in my hard copy parts list there are several parts (including these) that are tagged with an *.

The * states - Have these parts replaced by our Service Department.

BTW, in the Exploded Parts List for the ProPlaner Stand Mount #83, #84 and #85 are tagged as not available as a service part.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
tdubnik
Platinum Member

Post by tdubnik »

The mystery is now solved. I recently noticed that my planer was no longer feeding straight and that the boards would twist and go through at an angle. I figured it was time to do some maintenance and clean off the feed roller and sharpen blades.

When I took the cover off so I could clean the infeed roller guess what was missing on the right side? Yep, the pivot arm had no screw in it. When I was trying to find out where it went originally I only checked the outfeed roller.

Anyway, I installed the screw, sharpened my blades and it is now running sweet.