10" 3pk of Hitachi blades, deal or not, depends

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

10" 3pk of Hitachi blades, deal or not, depends

Post by reible »

I was at the Menards store today (12/28/13 and found a 3 pack of 10" circular saw for $29.99. What you get is one 40, and 60 and 80 tooth blade, all ATB, thin kerf (.110") 5/8" arbor. ("Blades can not be resharpened")

Checked Amazon, with shipping about $60. Hitachi part number 115166 if you want to shop around.

Right now Menards has an 11% off sale so the take home price is around $26.70 or less then $9 a blade. (Ends 1/4/14)

According to the package they work on miter saws and table saws.

I have never used these but the miter saw is in need of some new blades and I guess this is them.

So if you live in an area that has a Menards store and the price looks good then happy shopping.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Re: 10" 3pk of Hitachi blades, deal or not, depends

Post by reible »

It has been almost 2 years since I first saw these blades at Menard's. I can't believe I didn't come home with another set this year but I really wanted to.........

So here is this years deal:
20151205_150324sc.jpg
20151205_150324sc.jpg (111.89 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
Lot of teeth for not a lot of cost.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Hubby brought me home a twin pack of 10" Avanti 60T and 34T carbide tipped blades from HD the other day. He said they were on sale for $9.99 but were going up to $19.99. I see them on their website for the $19.99 as a special purchase. I will have to see if I can convince him that I need thin kerf blades as well.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

reible wrote:It has been almost 2 years since I first saw these blades at Menard's. I can't believe I didn't come home with another set this year but I really wanted to.........

So here is this years deal:
20151205_150324sc.jpg
Lot of teeth for not a lot of cost.

Ed
Those Hitachi 3-packs are also on clearance for $25 at my local Menards. (I didn't see the price tag in your photo at first look.) A heck of a deal if they're any good. What's the word on that?
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

These are far from the quality of blade I normally buy but then they are great for the odd project rather then fine wood working. The price gives it away, 3 blades for $25.... They are use and part with and you get a pretty good value for the dollar. If all you use are cheap blades then here they are. If you want some cheaper blades for some other projects these are at a good price point.

I do a lot of projects like building temporary jigs or bird houses or backyard stuff and use some less then wonderful wood and these are just the thing for that.

I still believe the best improvement in cut quality is a better blade but they will run you $100 so keeping them for projects that need the quality makes them last longer and stay in better condition. For those other jobs these work fine.

Ed
Last edited by reible on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

I totally agree Ed. I picked up 3 Oldham carbide blades a few years ago for $10 each. I use them for questionable wood and just general sawing. I use my Forrest blades for the precision work.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT