Used 10 er and parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

Used 10 er and parts

Post by cincinnati »

I am starting to do some research on a 10er. My problem is I do not know enough if one is complete or not. Are there any links on the web that may show each part to a 10er. I would like to get one to restore. Here are some pics on one I found on the web. Not interested in this one at this time but just from a learning standpoint what do you see or not see in this unit?

SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

Check out the shopsmith10erusers on yahoo groups.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
butcherboy
Bronze Member

10er contacts

Post by butcherboy »

The person you need to contact is Bill Mayo. He is very knowlegdable about all s/s machines and there care and repair and their market values.

Also there is another contact-- Skip Campbell @ MKCtools.com he is located in Fort Worth, Texas.

I have personally done business with Bill Mayo and found him to be dealer in parts and spts.
Good luck it iooks like you have your work cut out for you.
Regards-Butcherboy--- in Ne.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

You do have your work cut out for you but I'm sure you knew that before you started. Good luck on the entire effort. Keep us posted. It is really neat to see these old beasts brought back to life.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

ER it is worth it.

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I hope to up load some pictures of the ER I finished a couple of months ago. It is well worth the time and effort
Good luck[ATTACH]1968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1969[/ATTACH]
Attachments
78509-2.jpg
78509-2.jpg (71.78 KiB) Viewed 22239 times
DSCF1307.JPG
DSCF1307.JPG (72.75 KiB) Viewed 22236 times
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Bill,
Very nice job.....wonderful to see it come back to life......we need for more of the old iron to stay in this country and not end up as more imported junk.
ldh
kevinkkm1
Bronze Member

Post by kevinkkm1 »

Hi I just got a shopsmith 10er too. I found the manual was very usefull and had a list of all the things that came with the shopsmith in the box as well as some attachments. Here is a link to it : http://www.songofthegreatlakes.com/ss10ermanual.htm

Hope you found it usefull.