Rockville, MD Demo of Mark 7

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Rockville, MD Demo of Mark 7

Post by algale »

Any forum members going to the Mark 7 demo at the Woodworker's Club (aka WOodcraft) of Rockville, MD tomorrow?

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

algale
Platinum Member

Re: Rockville, MD Demo of Mark 7

Post by algale »

Well, I went. I'd been to a couple of Lowe's demos of the Mark 7 and this one was definitely much better attended than either of those.

There were three other potential customers when I arrived mid-demo and I stayed through most of a full cycle during which I'd say about 6 others swung by before I left.

Didn't see any sales, but a couple of maybes. One guy who never owned one was going to buy a whole new Mark 7 if he got permission from SWMBO. The others were looking at various upgrades.

I am still impressed with the new headstock's power, its quitness and lack of vibration (relative to the standard headstock). Someday I'll probably go for the upgrade but right now I've got other priorities for the money.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Who was doing the demonstrating?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

JPG wrote:Who was doing the demonstrating?
Andrew Grossman.

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The 'former banker'?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:The 'former banker'?
I believe you are thinking of Paul Stevens. ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqT94q4QOt8[/youtube]
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:
JPG wrote:The 'former banker'?
I believe you are thinking of Paul Stevens. ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqT94q4QOt8[/youtube]
Yep, indeed I was. Thanks, I did not recall his name but wondered if he was working this side of the country.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝