Over arm pin router?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rpd
Platinum Member

Over arm pin router?

Post by rpd »

What do you think a fair price would be for an Over Arm Pin Router? This one has just been posted for sale close to me. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... 3_29429713
This is a local store, the price of $450.00 is way more than I would be willing to pay. They are however advertising a store closing sale so may be negotiable. ;)

I don't use a router that much so for me something in the $150-$200 range would be my comfort zone.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Re: Over arm pin router?

Post by nuhobby »

I can't really comment on the price. Just talking out loud, I ordered my OPR in 2008 and received it in 2009 after a long back-order. During the interim I found plans on how to build your own overarm pin router fixture... didn't go there, but mused about it. Anyway, I have my SS OPR and I use it a good deal.

Chris
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I would agree with your price range of $150 to $200. I paid $100 for mine. There is one on CL for $200 near me (IA) and one listed on CL near my son for $75 in MD. I also saw one that was listed for $250 not long ago in my area but it also came with a bunch of patterns and jigs. I would see what comes with it if they want that much for it then offer what you think is fair value.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Well it is an overhead router, no signs of the parts to make it a pin router so keep that in mind. If you just want the overhead features then fine, if you want the pin functions then expect to do a little leg work and a project or two.

When I got mine they were they were running in that price range. The prices have gone down. Still some have routers and the real table and stand and sell for less so I'd say the price has to be in the $150 range for what is shown.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

If the motor in the arm runs well,150-200 is fair. You'll probably have to rework the table to match whatever plate you buy. It's worth making an offer.
The overarm router can do some really nice work.