Any Shopsmiths in Boston area?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

connollyjustin
Bronze Member

Any Shopsmiths in Boston area?

Post by connollyjustin »

Hi there.

This is a crazy post, but I'm visiting Boston for the next week from New Zealand (for work) and would love to check out a ShopSmith in action. I've heard they are amazing.

Unfortunately none of the live showings are close enough too me while I'm here (the closest is in Syracuse) so I thought I'd ask (this is the crazy part) if there were any Boston-based forum users who wouldn't mind showing off their ShopSmith to a random visitor?!

If so I'd love to hear from you! I am basically available to view on either Fri 21 or Sat 22 July (not a particularly wide window, I know). :-)

Perhaps I might hear from some people.
Cheers
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Any Shopsmiths in Boston area?

Post by JPG »

Might thee be associated with Teknatool(DVR Motor)??
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
connollyjustin
Bronze Member

Post by connollyjustin »

Not at all, I don't know what that means/is. I'm an amateur woodworker from New Zealand. :-)
cooch366
Gold Member

Post by cooch366 »

I'm about 50 miles west of Boston and would be willing if that fits / works.

You can PM me if you are interested.

Steve
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

connollyjustin wrote:Not at all, I don't know what that means/is. I'm an amateur woodworker from New Zealand. :-)
Teknatool who developed the DVR motor used in the latest model is based in NZ.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange