How to Resolve a RPS State Error 0

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Re: How to Resolve a RPS State Error 0

Post by charlese »

By All Means Put the entire unit back together - including all wire connections. You can't get the unit to function by trying to analyze separate parts.

THE POWERPRO IS NOT FUNCTIONAL UNTIL COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED. Probably the 5 prong connector is loose. Hope it is not pulled (stretched) loose.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

First a BIG thank you to Charles. I did reassemble the entire headstock as Charles suggested and the system works-no errors. My bad, but a lesson well learned. I had no idea there were IR speed sensors that were integral to the PP system. At least I got much more proficient and comfortable at taking the headstock system apart and putting it back together.

Thank you again Charles....
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

c2h6o wrote:... At least I got much more proficient and comfortable at taking the headstock system apart and putting it back together.

Thank you again Charles....
You're welcome/ Hopefull you won't have to take it apart for a long long time - if forever.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

Well my RPS error message has returned. After successfully running the SS for 3-4 days, I started a turning project and the RPS error code pops up. When I push the ON button, the display shows run, then LOW, then RPS error, all in less then 2 seconds. Appreciate any guidance from the forum....
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I think you need to be talking to Wes or Jim at SS.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Paulh
Bronze Member

Post by Paulh »

Has this been resolved?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Paulh wrote:Has this been resolved?
Same problem??? http://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/maintenan ... 20352.html
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

How did you get the black cover off? All I saw was a screw on the bottom and a few white plastic tabs.
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

No not yet--SS is slated to send me a new power supply and speed sensor
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

I just replaced the speed sensor and power supply. Everything works as of right now. I also posted instructions w pictures for replacing speed sensor since I could not find them anywhere, SS service was a big help with this.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/maint ... 20396.html