Shipping issues bandsaw table

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

number3456
Gold Member

Shipping issues bandsaw table

Post by number3456 »

Greetings. At long last shopsmith said they were shipping the 2 pack miter gauge Item 555896 and my bandsaw table package Item# 555667 - Complete Table System that includes Aluminum Bandsaw Upgrade Table (45% larger) • Bandsaw Rip Fence (for improved straight-line cutting results) • Table Extension (adds 11-1/2" of outboard table support) and • Circle Cutter (helps you create perfectly round circles) that I had ordered in July.

I got to fedex and asked where the rest of the shipment was and they said they only had the one box which was the miter gauge 2 pack.

The pick ticket had the Pick quantity of "1" marked for the miter guage and "0" for the Bandsaw table package.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would have hoped that whomever pulled the order would have sent a email to me saying what was going on with the complete Bandsaw table package.
520 now upgraded to Mark 7, 520 "shorty", 500 converted to a dedicated drill press.
2 - bandsaws, jig saw, belt sander, strip sander, 4" Jointer, planer, air compressor.
ClearVue dust collection system.
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Re: Shipping issues bandsaw table

Post by Beave2012 »

I have had the same issue. When I called they said they would ship it out the other part next. For my order they sent the three bolts and washers first, then the bandsaw table extrusion a few days later. No call to me, I had to call them. They are horrendous at customer service. I suggest calling customer service to find out when the rest ships.

I still laugh about it today. Why send bolts separately then the main item. Maybe one day I will order a power pro and 1 washer just to get a mail order washer. Although it might be on backorder even more than the power pro. Lol
-Beave
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Beave2012 You might have a good idea there! :)

Here's an update. They said the table was being machined this week and is ti be shipped the first week of November. I will give a update then.

Here's hoping it gets here so I can start on some Christmas presents!
520 now upgraded to Mark 7, 520 "shorty", 500 converted to a dedicated drill press.
2 - bandsaws, jig saw, belt sander, strip sander, 4" Jointer, planer, air compressor.
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Another update. I have emailed and called 2x and left messages both times. still awaiting a response. I'll keep asking until I get a real person and not get transferred to a extension that says leave a voice mail and we will get back to you the next day.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

number3456 wrote:Another update. I have emailed and called 2x and left messages both times. still awaiting a response. I'll keep asking until I get a real person and not get transferred to a extension that says leave a voice mail and we will get back to you the next day.
Forget the email. It is less than reliable as a communications link.

Don't call except during Shopsmith business hours. I try to call EARLY on a WEEKDAY morning. When you finally "make connection", be ASSERTIVE - not aggressive, ASSERTIVE. As a last resort, ask to speak with the department manager. AGAIN - be assertive.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Thanks for the advice Dusty. I final got connected with them, on hold for the usual 25-30 minutes. They still don't have the table done this week but are supposed to get it done next week and shipped out. I will call them again next week during business hours and see where I get. I will make sure I don't have any meeting scheduled for at least an hour in case it takes that long to get through. Good thing I have unlimited minutes on my cell plan. lol
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

Another update. December 15 is now the shipping date. Their ordering department must have some organizational challenges they haven't figured out how to over come yet.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

number3456 wrote:Another update. December 15 is now the shipping date. Their ordering department must have some organizational challenges they haven't figured out how to over come yet.
When you place this followup call make certain that you mention the previous call and the anticipated shipping promise. Hopefully you know who you spoke to. Talking to (or at least mentioning that name) the same person has always been more effective for me.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
number3456
Gold Member

Post by number3456 »

I have cancelled my order. They were still waiting on the tables and were not expecting them to come in until next week or the week after. I bought off Craigslist an upgraded bandsaw with what I was looking for so I am all set. If anyone here on the forum has one on order you will be moved up the que by one.

Now if I could only find a good used strip sander and conical anding disk.