Bosch GLM165-10

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Bosch GLM165-10

Post by reible »

I'm into my 2019 tool budget (Dec thru Nov) and some tools have arrived. One of them is the laser measure. No review at this time since I just liberated for the box minutes ago but though I start with a little information about this model pre use.

From the manual it says the typical range is 6" to 165ft. Good for indoors use. Battery life approx 5 hours. Measuring accuracy typical +/- 1/16". It is smaller then I thought it would be at 4.1" x 1.6" x.9" and .2 pounds.

I like how it works like a tape measure in that it is interactive, you move closer it changes the distance, move farther away and changes it is not just a one push one reading type system.

I paid $39.99 so a minimal sort of investment.

I have some remodeling projects so I thought it would be now or never for getting one of these as I don't see it as going to be useful for general wood working but hey I might find other uses once I get around to using it.

So here are a couple of pictures:
IMG_2269.jpg
IMG_2269.jpg (169.1 KiB) Viewed 7314 times
IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2270.jpg (206.58 KiB) Viewed 7314 times
Dusty showed one of these sometime back and one of my sons has one hence my interest in getting one to play with.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Re: Bosch GLM165-10

Post by mountainbreeze »

For indoor use only, 165' ought to do it (unless you live in the Biltmore mansion). At that price I may have to get one. Where'd you get it for that price?