Re: shopsmith.com

Post by claimdude »

Works like a charm for me. I use Chrome only

Jack
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

So far today it is working fine. I have had troubles the last couple of days with the connection timing out. I thought it was my network connections.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I can open the shopsmith.com website but once there I can do little else but watch the scroll.

I get no response when I click on Support/FAQ or Support/Order Status. Actually, clicking on Support/Order status sometimes takes me to the next level where I would normally enter order number and zip code but then nothing.

I placed an on-line order on the 8th but for some reason Shopsmith did not get it even though I received an acknowledgement. When I became aware, I called and placed an order on the phone. On the 10th or 11th I wanted to check status but have not been able to for the reasons stated above. Yesterday I received my order with a couple items short - I suspect backordered.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Loads unbelievably slowly on my Mac/Firefox. Loads fine on my iPhone/Safari.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I checked it again today. It is working with Chrome, but not with Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I don't know what's going on. I just checked using Chrome and I get the same results as with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

You can use this tool:

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Type in www.shopsmith.com and see what it says.

When I try it it says it down.

Be aware that just going to the site might look like it is there but it simply cached by your browser. Flush the cache and try again.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I have also had hit and miss luck with both the main Shopsmith website and this forum site for the past few weeks. Most of the time it works, but sometimes the site is clearly down (yes I know how to force a hard refresh on my browsers).

Not related to this thread, but another thing to watch out for is that some of the webpages at Shopsmith don't serve off of a secure server, i.e. you can't use "https://". I am guessing some of the older product pages didn't get updated for SSL. I found this out while trying to place an online order last month. Without a secure connection, you are at risk when placing an online order.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Hopefully, in the way of clarification:

The website is neither down nor inaccessible. If I enter shopsmith.com, the web page comes up. When I begin the quest for information (support/order status) it changes pages. But then, after entering order number and zip, I get a footnote (lower left corner of screen) waiting for shopsmith.com. I have left it in that mode for at least an hour with no change.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:Hopefully, in the way of clarification:

The website is neither down nor inaccessible. If I enter shopsmith.com, the web page comes up. When I begin the quest for information (support/order status) it changes pages. But then, after entering order number and zip, I get a footnote (lower left corner of screen) waiting for shopsmith.com. I have left it in that mode for at least an hour with no change.
The site is certainly not down since this forum is on shopsmith.com.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/post ... 7&p=255828

The order status page is down AGAIN. The rest of the site works fine here. It seems like the order status pages have been flakey off and on for a while for some unknown reason.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT