shopsmith.com

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: shopsmith.com

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote:Hopefully, in the way of clarification:

The website is neither down nor inaccessible. If I enter shopsmith.com, the web page comes up. When I begin the quest for information (support/order status) it changes pages. But then, after entering order number and zip, I get a footnote (lower left corner of screen) waiting for shopsmith.com. I have left it in that mode for at least an hour with no change.
Dusty, I have the same issue. I just checked on my order and after entering zip code and order number the site just times out trying to access it.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I don't have an order to look at but see if using the ip address works to get you there

http://96.11.138.91/

We have seen this before with DNS problems.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

reible wrote:I don't have an order to look at but see if using the ip address works to get you there

Ed
Same problem. I went to http://96.11.138.91/ownersite/faq/orderstatusform.htm and it still has an issue checking order status.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:I don't have an order to look at but see if using the ip address works to get you there

Ed
Yes it gets you to Shopsmith.com. We are all on Shopsmith.com in the forums discussing this. There is nothing wrong with with shopsmith.com except the order web page does not work. Is it a DNS problem? could be but those problams don't usually last very long.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jdonovan
Gold Member

Post by jdonovan »

It's been hit/miss for me and I use Chrome. Notice that it says "not secure" in the web/url address bar when the website loads. Maybe that has something to do with it?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Whatever the problem , it has been resolved (at least for now).

FWIW - the forum (shopsmith.com) has been working normally. It was at shopsmith.net that I had problems and then only with certain functions. Most of the site was functional. It was only those functions under Support (on the red bar) that did not work. However, even those functions that worked were extremely slow.

I emailed the webmaster yesterday. This morning it is working fine. Maybe related/maybe not. None the less - it works now.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

It appears you are correct, Dusty. Today it is working right again.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

"A System Upgrade This Weekend Temporarily Prevented Us From Being Able to Process Web Orders. We Have Resolved the Issue & Want To Ensure Everyone Has a Chance to Take Advantage of this Special Offer!"

So we can blame system upgrades I guess.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
WileyCoyote
Gold Member

Post by WileyCoyote »

What was the "special offer"? I don't see anything on the website about it.

Never mind, I found it. I should have spent more time looking.
Last edited by WileyCoyote on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

WileyCoyote wrote:What was the "special offer"? I don't see anything on the website about it.
I got an Oops remail of the miter set offer but it did not have the quote Ed posted. Not sure what the oops was.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT