shopsmith.com

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: shopsmith.com

Post by RFGuy »

On the subject of special offers and emails from Shopsmith…anyone have recommendations for staying on top of special offers and getting consistent emails from Shopsmith? I have been on the postal mail and email lists for many years. In the last 12 months, I think I have entered my information on the website to sign up for email updates at least 4 times. Other than an email for a recent order, I don't get ANY emails from Shopsmith. I missed the December promotion because a) didn't receive any email on it and b) I am not on Facebook so I didn't see it promoted there.

I used to also get stuff in the postal mail from Shopsmith for many years, but the past couple of demos that came to town, I received a post card in the mail one week AFTER the demo happened. Then this last demo that came to town, I received nothing so postal mail has stopped.

Short of joining Facebook, any advice for getting the latest offers and promotions from Shopsmith?
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:On the subject of special offers and emails from Shopsmith…anyone have recommendations for staying on top of special offers and getting consistent emails from Shopsmith? I have been on the postal mail and email lists for many years. In the last 12 months, I think I have entered my information on the website to sign up for email updates at least 4 times. Other than an email for a recent order, I don't get ANY emails from Shopsmith. I missed the December promotion because a) didn't receive any email on it and b) I am not on Facebook so I didn't see it promoted there.

I used to also get stuff in the postal mail from Shopsmith for many years, but the past couple of demos that came to town, I received a post card in the mail one week AFTER the demo happened. Then this last demo that came to town, I received nothing so postal mail has stopped.

Short of joining Facebook, any advice for getting the latest offers and promotions from Shopsmith?
I get all mailings and emails as far as I know and have for years and years.

Not sure about your USPS notifications.

However, maybe the email notifications are a problem with your ISP's or your email settings thinking they are junk so you don't see them. Yes you may have seen them in the past but if SS changed something then things could have changed.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

It seems I keep falling off the list too. After a lot of complaining they did get me on the email list but it didn't last...... so I no longer see them and I'm just plain tired of trying to fix the situation. If I don't see them then I'm not tempted to spend money so if that is what they are after then that is what happens.

There are two events coming near me so I will see if I'm still on the other mail list or not.

I've also lost all my order information again, I think this is the third time. I don't think they know what is going on from past conversations so I'll just live with it.

What you can do is check the list of up coming events and sales online

http://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/event_schedule.htm

and

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/spec ... offers.htm

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I believe that sometimes "falling off the list" may only be a perception. I have had that perception as well but have done nothing about it YET email notifications continue.

Shopsmith said (way back) that these notifications would occur at the rate of 2 or 3 a week. Sometimes (most times) that has not been the case.

For a long time I saved them for future reference. I don't do that anymore (for lack of storage capacity). Besides, I hardly ever referred back to them.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check the website more often. The list of events was NOT updated when the demo came to town recently. Good to know it is updated now. I only saw the event after checking with a friend's Facebook and looking up Shopsmith. When I placed an order last month, I think the only sale special on the website listed was the 20% off of the massive drill chuck. No other offers were listed, but when I checked Facebook, I saw that I had missed a $50 off for my order that I had placed. It seems like the website only lists one special, so if there are more specials going on, they are not updated there.

I think it is great that Shopsmith is doing more with social media. Unfortunately, I am one of the few who choose not to use it....was hoping that I could still get updates via email though. Only emails that I get from Shopsmith now are my order receipts. I don't get an email with tracking information, nor notifying me that my order has shipped. Like I said, I have "signed up" on the website at least 4 times the past year, but it doesn't work. So, I was more curious about what others are experiencing. It sounds like I am an anomaly as others are getting both postal mail and emails from Shopsmith. In the future, I will call Shopsmith directly to place orders and ask if there are any specials.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I'll check the website more often. The list of events was NOT updated when the demo came to town recently. Good to know it is updated now. I only saw the event after checking with a friend's Facebook and looking up Shopsmith. When I placed an order last month, I think the only sale special on the website listed was the 20% off of the massive drill chuck. No other offers were listed, but when I checked Facebook, I saw that I had missed a $50 off for my order that I had placed. It seems like the website only lists one special, so if there are more specials going on, they are not updated there.

I think it is great that Shopsmith is doing more with social media. Unfortunately, I am one of the few who choose not to use it....was hoping that I could still get updates via email though. Only emails that I get from Shopsmith now are my order receipts. I don't get an email with tracking information, nor notifying me that my order has shipped. Like I said, I have "signed up" on the website at least 4 times the past year, but it doesn't work. So, I was more curious about what others are experiencing. It sounds like I am an anomaly as others are getting both postal mail and emails from Shopsmith. In the future, I will call Shopsmith directly to place orders and ask if there are any specials.
I would think you would want to become aware of any/all specials that are offered. Waiting to ask Shopsmith when you decide to order something could well cause you to miss a special that expired the day before.

To be aware of all specials would be ideal. I have thought that I was getting that by signing up for the email specials. Maybe that is not the case. Maybe those specials listed on Facebook are ones that I miss. I don't use Facebook.

As for being notified when an order is assigned a tracking number or when it has shipped. I discover that information only by checking order status.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Where does one request the E-Mail offers. I could not find a section of the Shopsmith site that a form or request to be filled out.
The site seemed to work OK but forms could not be filled out
Bill V
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

wa2crk wrote:Where does one request the E-Mail offers. I could not find a section of the Shopsmith site that a form or request to be filled out.
The site seemed to work OK but forms could not be filled out
Bill V
Here it is:

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/ema ... signup.htm
📶RF Guy

wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

RFGuy
Thanks. I could not find that on the site. When I tried to change my profile I could only fill out my first name and the site would not take any more info.
Bill V
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

wa2crk wrote:RFGuy
Thanks. I could not find that on the site. When I tried to change my profile I could only fill out my first name and the site would not take any more info.
Bill V
What exactly do you see when you enter your information on that link? In the pic below is what I see. For example when you enter your zip code it will fill in the city and state for you. You enter your name and street address above this, then email address, etc. below this. When you enter the zip code, it will grey out the address boxes momentarily but then it will come back. Let me know if you see something similar or not.

Disclaimer: No cartoon characters were harmed in the creation of this post.
:)
Shopsmith.jpg
Shopsmith.jpg (226.84 KiB) Viewed 15052 times
📶RF Guy