joint matic

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

abarbarian
Bronze Member

joint matic

Post by abarbarian »

I have visited the few threads on here regarding these rare accessories. In reading through all the threads I saw a request for a manual for this. I never saw a link or reference to sharing the manual. I got the jointmatic as part of a package deal with a shop smith with a box of parts. Some parts are Shopsmith parts and some are just random jigs and parts to other machines not shopsmith related.

I have identified a few from pictures other users have posted of theirs on the forum.

Also I read these sold for 1000$ new. Anyone have any idea what they are worth used. I see some people got theirs for a deal at 60$ and then another post read they were selling for over 300 on eBay.

I would like to identify if it has all the original parts and pieces.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: joint matic

Post by JPG »

abarbarian wrote:I have visited the few threads on here regarding these rare accessories. In reading through all the threads I saw a request for a manual for this. I never saw a link or reference to sharing the manual. I got the jointmatic as part of a package deal with a shop smith with a box of parts. Some parts are Shopsmith parts and some are just random jigs and parts to other machines not shopsmith related.

I have identified a few from pictures other users have posted of theirs on the forum.

Also I read these sold for 1000$ new. Anyone have any idea what they are worth used. I see some people got theirs for a deal at 60$ and then another post read they were selling for over 300 on eBay.

I would like to identify if it has all the original parts and pieces.
No manual, but have these:
jointmatic parts 1.pdf
(673.5 KiB) Downloaded 2482 times
jointmatic parts 2.pdf
(434.15 KiB) Downloaded 2448 times
Give thanks to whomever posted it here initially!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

I have a copy of the Joint-Matic manual but the formum is saying the file is too large.

PM me your Email and I will send to anyone who wants it.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I am interested. My e-mail is called "WLM" in the upper right corner.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

There are two very distinct versions of this machine. If you happen to have the one with the sprocket and chain let me know, I have a manual for that too but it is on backup only so it might take a while to recover.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
abarbarian
Bronze Member

Post by abarbarian »

Mine is not the version with the chain. Also I saw that people have trouble with cracking where the screw goes in for height adjustment. Mine is not cracked in anyway so thats good. It looks to me like the only thing that is missing is the rail that holds the feather boards above the router and the metal square plate the router mounts too.

That being said anybody know what these go for if I decide to get rid of it?
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

One sold for $190 on eBay recently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Join ... SwyUFcMrOR

Another one, on a Shopsmith stand, was listed on my local CL last year with an asking price of $50. It sat there for at least a month ... I don’t know if it ever sold or not.

You can buy something very similar, new, for around $250.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsit ... table.html
abarbarian
Bronze Member

Post by abarbarian »

okay thanks for that. That gives me an idea anyway
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Here is a link to the Joint-matic manual.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/4f27e3 ... 8120529073
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
blades52
Bronze Member

Post by blades52 »

rpd wrote:Here is a link to the Joint-matic manual.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/4f27e3 ... 8120529073
Hi RPD, picked one of these up yesterday - would you mind re-posting that link? It is not working now.
Shopsmith Power Pro Mark 7, Sawsmith 2000, Planer, Bandsaw, Belt Sander, Strip Sander, Jig Saw, Biscuit Joiner, Joint-Matic, Jointer, Mortise, Molder, Maxi Clamp, Scroll Saw, Shaper, Router, DC3300, Smithy Super Shop, Craftsman RAS & Bandsaw