Jigsaw Quick release fail

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

STB
Gold Member

Jigsaw Quick release fail

Post by STB »

Several years ago I purchased a Quick release kit for my jigsaw. Out of the box I had trouble with the blade coming loose while cutting.
Not a good thing.
My solution was to make a tightening tool.
As the picture shows a tightening tool may not be the best solution. I made junk out of the upper blade holder.
001 (800x600).jpg
001 (800x600).jpg (322.56 KiB) Viewed 9693 times
PS It cooled off a little bit today the temperature only reached 69.1 deg.
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Re: Jigsaw Quick release fail

Post by moggymatt »

That's a tough break.(pun intended!)
I found that my blades would come loose too, when I first started using my scroll saw. Best solution was to scuff up the ends of the scroll saw blades with sandpaper. Haven't had it happen in a while.
Paul B
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Re: Jigsaw Quick release fail

Post by moggymatt »

That's a tough break.(pun intended!)
I found that my blades would come loose too, when I first started using my scroll saw. Best solution was to scuff up the ends of the scroll saw blades with sandpaper. Haven't had it happen in a while.
Paul B