New PTWFE

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

New PTWFE

Post by jsburger »

Just got an email from SS. There is a new version of PTWFE and it is on sale. It doesn't seem to me that a company that is in trouble would spend money to do this. However, some of you that know more than me will probably disagree.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/specials/7DV294
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: New PTWFE

Post by RFGuy »

jsburger wrote:Just got an email from SS. There is a new version of PTWFE and it is on sale. It doesn't seem to me that a company that is in trouble would spend money to do this. However, some of you that know more than me will probably disagree.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/specials/7DV294
John,

I hope you are right and they are doing well financially. I just wish it didn't take months to receive items that I order. One of my orders is going on 4 months now and the other one is 3 months. I have to assume from this that they are carrying razor thin inventories now and building overseas. Other than my two orders though, I have no information, so if anyone is "in the know" on this please chime in about Shopsmith. Hoping for the best while I try to be patient waiting for my orders...
Last edited by RFGuy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
WileyCoyote
Gold Member

Post by WileyCoyote »

I don't think slow orders are a sign of doom and gloom. That has occurred on and off again quite a bit over the last couple of years. They appear to be establishing themselves quite well on social media and have recently began the emails and mailings again. It was quite promising too that Elizabeth posted here on the forum.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Well $54.28 later I have my order placed, we will see how long it takes.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote:Well $54.28 later I have my order placed, we will see how long it takes.

Ed
Ditto $53.38.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Isn't this the same book that Shopsmith gave for free with the purchase of a new Mark V? I know at least that is how I got my copy of this book. I have the edition with the tan hardbound cover, same book title. Came for free with my new Mark V when I purchased it.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Now that they have a M7 specific issue, perhaps that will resume. :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

It appears to be a long overdue updated 5th edition that includes the Mark 7 and thus the larger table system. I'll know more when I get it. The 4th edition came out in 1989 and a lot has changed since then.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

reible wrote:Well $54.28 later I have my order placed, we will see how long it takes.

Ed

Let us know if it is that much better than the old one.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I really don't have high expectations about it. I'm thinking the M7 additions that have already been published will be added in the book. I guess we have to wait and see if there are any other additions or subtractions.

I am really waiting to see if they ever fix that error in the saw section which has been there for longer then I've owned a shopsmith. That will be the first thing I will check out. I don't hold out much hope for that one.

It will also be interesting if the online version is updated to this version, any thoughts on that?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]