Wow!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Wow!

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I just got a phone call from Linda at Shopsmith. She asked if I got my new 2019 Shopsmith catalog yet? I told her no and she offered me two choices, to get a soft copy sent to my email or a hard copy sent to my home. I asked for the hard copy. She said she would send it out today and call me back in a week or two to see if i had gotten it and to answer any questions. WOW!

She did mention that when she called back I would be able to discuss any product question and that I would be able to place an order for anything I wanted.

Sure it was marketing. But WOW what a great way to do it. Proactive. I have not seen this in Shopsmith in years maybe decades. I have new hope for Shopsmith!
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Wow!

Post by reible »

I did the online request for a catalog, will see what happens.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Sounds promising...
I look at tons and tons and tons of stuff on-line but for something that is that kind of a "wish-book" I do like a hard copy that I can fondle... :)
I'm kind of the same way with my copy of "Wood" magazine. :)
Some folks complain about the large amount of ads in such magazines but I love those ads and read them over and over. Just another chance to learn about something new.

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

There is nothing quite like being able to hold something in your hands be it wood or catalogs of tools for woodworking.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

My hand address catalog arrived today!

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I just got my catalog. Hand addressed by someone with beautiful hand writing.
First Shopsmith catalog in years! Already looked through it and dog eared every page that had something of interest to me.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:I just got my catalog. Hand addressed by someone with beautiful hand writing.
First Shopsmith catalog in years! Already looked through it and dog eared every page that had something of interest to me.

What good does it do to dogear every page? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

I am glad someone is happy with SS. I am not. :mad:

It took 3 months to just get the answer that they would't replace my computer. I contacted support and didn't get an answer for two months, finally contacted Doug Reid and it took another month to get an answer, with the empathy of a rattlesnake to a baby rabbit. I have to buy another at $500.00. I have had more problems with this machine that anything I have bought new in decades. I am thinking again of selling it. Maybe just the PP and not the M7 and put a M5 headstock on it.

I really don't know how to take this. Really bummed right now.

/RANT

Sorry.
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rjent wrote:I am glad someone is happy with SS. I am not. :mad:

It took 3 months to just get the answer that they would't replace my computer. I contacted support and didn't get an answer for two months, finally contacted Doug Reid and it took another month to get an answer, with the empathy of a rattlesnake to a baby rabbit. I have to buy another at $500.00. I have had more problems with this machine that anything I have bought new in decades. I am thinking again of selling it. Maybe just the PP and not the M7 and put a M5 headstock on it.

/RANT

Sorry.
How much might you be asking for your Power Pro headstock?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

dusty wrote:
rjent wrote:I am glad someone is happy with SS. I am not. :mad:

/RANT

Sorry.
How much might you be asking for your Power Pro headstock?
I don't know dusty. Just learned this AM that the computer is not covered after 2 years. I am still mulling my options. The The cost of the computer can buy a lot of SS stuff. I anticipate the bearing in the idler shaft are going bad, and I want to replace the motor pulley because of the set screw problems I have had. I will PM you when I decide if and how much.

Make me an offer...

When they run they are magnificent, just not very reliable for me so far......
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin