Anyone know about Fed Ex Smart Post

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

james1726
Silver Member

Anyone know about Fed Ex Smart Post

Post by james1726 »

It may be just me and where I live, but in my opinion Fed Ex should be ashamed to have their name associated with this.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone know about Fed Ex Smart Post

Post by jsburger »

james1726 wrote:It may be just me and where I live, but in my opinion Fed Ex should be ashamed to have their name associated with this.
Yes it is crap. FedX delivers your package to the Post Office. Then it takes another day or two for the Post Office to get it to you. The delivery date on the FedX web site is the date it is delivered to the Post Office when it is out of their hands not to you.

I live out in the country. My rural Post office is 2 miles down the road from me. The FedX truck comes by my house all the time but if the package was shipped Smart Post it is left 2 miles down the road and I get it a day later.

It is the shipper that chooses the shipment method so it is not completely FedX's problem. Sure Post might be good in some situations (not that I can think of one for customers) but it certainly is stupid in my situation. It is not the shippers problem it is FedX for creating it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

YES. I love it! It is great. Timely delivery and excellent tracking.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I agree with Dusty. It works well in my semi-urban area.

It costs the shipper less (I think a lot less), and I still get my packages in a reasonable amount of time.

Something that surprised me is that the USPS delivers those packages on Sunday, unlike regular mail.
james1726
Silver Member

Post by james1726 »

Must just be the area I live in that causes the problems.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

In my area, UPS has the same arrangement with the USPS. We are also 2 miles from our mail box. When we get notification of a package too big to fit through our box's slot, we have to drive 16 miles to pick it up at the PO.
UPS and FED EX are good about email notifications when the pkg is to be delivered but, neither tells if it's going to the PO.