Shopsmith impacted by tornados

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Shopsmith impacted by tornados

Post by algale »

I know there are many long time members here who are not on FB and thus may have missed today's announcement that customer service was closed due to the severe weather over Memorial Day in Dayton. Here is the text that was on FB:

ATTN! Shopsmith will be closed today, Tuesday, May 28th! Last night a strong storm system, including several tornadoes, ripped through the Dayton area. The area around our office was especially hard-hit. Our building is without power & debris on the roadways is keeping everyone away. Please keep us in your thoughts as we connect with our employees & loved ones to make sure everyone is safe! Thank you for your understanding!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith impacted by tornados

Post by jsburger »

algale wrote:I know there are many long time members here who are not on FB and thus may have missed today's announcement that customer service was closed due to the severe weather over Memorial Day in Dayton. Here is the text that was on FB:

ATTN! Shopsmith will be closed today, Tuesday, May 28th! Last night a strong storm system, including several tornadoes, ripped through the Dayton area. The area around our office was especially hard-hit. Our building is without power & debris on the roadways is keeping everyone away. Please keep us in your thoughts as we connect with our employees & loved ones to make sure everyone is safe! Thank you for your understanding!
So that is why this web site was down most of the day.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Yes I have friends who worked in Emergency Management with me for years prior to my retirement last year who told me that at one estimate 500,000 customers were without power at one point that night.

I wrote a few folks by email early Tuesday morning, including Nick Engler but I have not heard back from him as yet.

Everett
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Thanks for the info, Al and Everett. Hope everyone in the area has been and will stay safe.