I didn't see a Shopsmith but...

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

I didn't see a Shopsmith but...

Post by robinson46176 »

We were at a garage sale at a set of new condos and I spotted a bag of "stuff" marked $3. Most of the stuff was electrical but there was a little phone stuff too and some door hinges and cabinet knobs. they had done some remodeling of their former house and changed the color of the switches, outlets and all of the cover plates in the part that was remodeled. The phone stuff is useless to me, we have not had a home phone for years. I'll just toss it and at the same time I need to toss a lot of phone stuff that I always kept on hand. It's too old to be any use now and too new to be antique. :)
The electrical stuff is all in good shape and I will use it running some wiring in a shop/garage building in the next county. I've checked it all and the outlets all grip well and the switches all test OK. Well there was one outlet I tossed, it was OK but didn't have a ground. No point putting that in anyplace.
The batch of switches on the right and the outlets in the middle are all common 15 amp devices but the batch on the left are all 20 amp outlets.

The reason for the mention of Shopsmith was those 6 red T handled Allen wrenches. All 6 of them are 5/32". :) I didn't see anything else that suggested Shopsmith, maybe he just carried them home from work. :) They will be Shopsmith items now in my shop... They were worth the $3.
Electrical  stuff.jpg
Electrical stuff.jpg (108.45 KiB) Viewed 21919 times
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: I didn't see a Shopsmith but...

Post by everettdavis »

You said you didn't see a Shopsmith ???? This one is apparently yours and the photo taken there.... right? Curious post title with a Shopsmith in the photo!

I do get it....

Everett
You Didnt See a Shopsmith.jpg
You Didnt See a Shopsmith.jpg (151.5 KiB) Viewed 21833 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

'He' did not see a SS at the sale so the 5/32" wrenches were a surprise(unexpected).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Good eye, Everett!

I think ol’ eagle-eye missed that 510, even highlighted with your yellow oval. :eek: :rolleyes: :D
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Good eye, Everett!

I think ol’ eagle-eye missed that 510, even highlighted with your yellow oval. :eek: :rolleyes: :D
But Red (jpg)'s point is, that the picture was taken at Farmer's shop (one of), after he got home, not at the sale. ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Old 'eagle eye' did not 'see' the seller's SS(that the thread title alluded to being non existent) because the pix posted by Farmer contained Farmer's 510.

Everett 'got it'!

Did thee? :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

JPG wrote:Old 'eagle eye' did not 'see' the seller's SS(that the thread title alluded to being non existent) because the pix posted by Farmer contained Farmer's 510.

Everett 'got it'!

Did thee? :)
Nope ... I had forgotten the pic context, and then assumed that it was taken at the auction. Should have known better than to doubt you! :cool:
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Actually the 5th and sixth words of my original post were "garage sale"... :D :D :D
The "stuff" is on my Ridgid TS3650 table saw. It's not a Shopsmith but I love it as a table saw. I was at Home Depot one day (some years ago now) and walked up to one and when I operated the fence on it I said "I think I am in love". A great fence system... Shortly after I bought one they changed it and I have not seen one since that I liked at all. The really sad part out of all of this is that this batch of "stuff" is still laying on the saw table. :eek: :rolleyes:
If anyone had told me back when I started retiring (it was a long process) back about 1995-96 that I would reach this age (77) and still be this damn busy I would have said that they were nuts. I had visions of lots of shop time, lots of lawn and garden time, lots of small farm time... I never planned on retiring from the farm, just doing much of it less intensely. My mother's serious Alzheimer's required that back around 2004. I still cash rent about 2/3rds of it and use the rest for our horses and a bit of horse boarding.
Stuff needing done just keeps popping up and I keep getting slower at doing it. :rolleyes:

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Of course I saw it was not the garage sale photo. I asked "This one is apparently yours and the photo taken there.... right? in my original post reply with the yellow circle around the Shopsmith (presumed his). I just found the post title and the photo supplied, humorous.

Everett