charlese

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rjent
Platinum Member

charlese

Post by rjent »

Anyone live near, know about, or have contact with charlese?

I know he is dealing with family matters, but he hasn't logged in since Oct of 18.

Hope he is alright .... :(
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: charlese

Post by JPG »

rjent wrote:Anyone live near, know about, or have contact with charlese?

I know he is dealing with family matters, but he hasn't logged in since Oct of 18.

Hope he is alright .... :(
He has been on my mind as well.

You beat me posting our concern.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
steveaint
Bronze Member

Post by steveaint »

HI,
This is Charlese's Son, Steve. Dad passed away 2 weeks ago after being bed ridden for a couple of years. As I go through his stuff I found out that he lost his ability to log into the forum in 2018 or 2019. It has been really great to see that Dad added value to this site. He loved helping people and learning everything about Shopsmith. I have no room to store all of charlese's Shopsmith stuff. I would be greatly appreciated if this community could help me find a new home for his Shopsmith. The closer to Lancaster CA the better.

Again it is great to see that Dad had such a positive impact on this group that he was missed in his absence.

Steve
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

So very sorry to hear of his passing. Charlese was a great contributor to this forum. He has been and will always be missed.

Sorry I can not help with the task of distributing his gear. I have that task now myself.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Very sorry to hear about charlese . He was a super-positive influence on this forum. My condolences and appreciation.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Allow me to add to what Dusty and Nuhobby posted. He was a great asset due to his experience as a forester(?). His sharing his knowledge of lumbering and the characteristics of our favorite medium that we all work with will be missed.

He has already been missed here!

Thank You for letting us know.

I hope someone near Lancaster can assist you. If not there is Craigslist.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I am sorry for your loss. He was and will be missed. I always looked forward to reading the information and wisdom he would impart.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Steve,

Thank you for sharing this with us and please add my condolences on your family's loss.

As JPG already said about selling his tools the best would be locally like craigslist and/or similar. If you need help identifying items, we would surely be able to help with that.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

Steve:

I also offer my condolences to you and your family.

As many others have said, Charlese was a mainstay of this forum for quite some time. I enjoyed his posts and his comments on mine were valuable to me. I am saddened to hear of his passing

He has been and will continue to be missed!

John
MikeG
Gold Member

Post by MikeG »

Steve,
So sorry for your loss.