Always room in line for another project

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Always room in line for another project

Post by robinson46176 »

A "sort of" cool but tired old sleigh that sold at an Amish consignment auction this spring. I forgot about it and failed to watch it sell so I have no idea how much it sold for. There were 5 auctioneers selling at the same time (This is always a massive sale). I like to get pictures of such items with dreams of building one. There was a scroll shaped top for the front dash panel that had become detached and was laying in the sleigh on the floor.
I love items like this and I would love to build one by Thanksgiving.
This one is really really crude but I took this picture more just for the idea than any details. There are a hundred things I will do differently including a pair of outboard steps, lots of trim and of course soft seats. :)
Sleigh.png
Sleigh.png (633.23 KiB) Viewed 13633 times
Our son and I do quite a bit of custom metal fabrication and have for many years. The ironwork will be easy.
Below is a picture of a small sleigh that I made for my mother years ago to display some large dolls that she used to collect. I possibly posted it here before. It of course was just for looks, no function. :) It has Santas in it at Christmas, the stuff in it in this picture must have been preparing for Easter.
Sleigh.JPG
Sleigh.JPG (106 KiB) Viewed 13633 times

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Re: Always room in line for another project

Post by masonsailor2 »

That will be a fun project !
Paul
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I already have the horse... That's the hard part to make. :D :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

robinson46176 wrote:I already have the horse... That's the hard part to make. :D :D

:D :D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

looks like fun
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)