Shopsmith Motor Repair

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Samson26
Silver Member

Shopsmith Motor Repair

Post by Samson26 »

To replace the key on the shaft, is it necessary to remove the retaining clip and the retaining clip sleave first?
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Motor Repair

Post by JPG »

Yes. BEWARE the spring!!!!

Also the set screw must be loosened(the set screw bears on the key).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Samson26
Silver Member

Post by Samson26 »

Thanks for the tips
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

You may want to read the procedure for safely removing the spring using a compression board.
https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/pro ... acment.pdf
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Jacob Anderson has a number of free how to Shopsmith videos that you likely would find helpful as well.

Everett

https://jacobshopsmithrepair.com/my-pub ... ing-guide/

Just noticed how old the posts were before it was recently replied to before my reply. Still good resource at Jacob Anderson’s Free YouTube videos

Don’t know why it showed up as most recent post in thread today unless someone posted and deleted.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

everettdavis wrote:Jacob Anderson has a number of free how to Shopsmith videos that you likely would find helpful as well.

Everett

https://jacobshopsmithrepair.com/my-pub ... ing-guide/

Just noticed how old the posts were before it was recently replied to before my reply. Still good resource at Jacob Anderson’s Free YouTube videos

Don’t know why it showed up as most recent post in thread today unless someone posted and deleted.
Possibly a spam deletion. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange