How to jump to a specific page

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bobc4383
Silver Member

How to jump to a specific page

Post by bobc4383 »

I am not sure who to address this to, but how do I go to a specific page in a certain section? I am up to page 51 in beginning woodworking, but if I close the page and go back in, I am at page 1. If I put 51 in the 'go to' box, it just sits there, and I have to scroll through every page to get to 51 again. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Bob
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: How to jump to a specific page

Post by jsburger »

bobc4383 wrote:I am not sure who to address this to, but how do I go to a specific page in a certain section? I am up to page 51 in beginning woodworking, but if I close the page and go back in, I am at page 1. If I put 51 in the 'go to' box, it just sits there, and I have to scroll through every page to get to 51 again. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Bob
This came up a while ago. You are correct, the GO TO box does not work. I don't remember if someone came up with a work around. I am sure someone else will chime in.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Not sure you will care to do this but......

The URL for the page is:

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/begi ... s1000.html

How this works is that there are twenty posts per page but it is always one less so 20 * 50 = 1000

Say you wanted to go to page 61 then it is 20 * 60 = 1200 so you edit the url to read ....s1200.....

You can do that right in your browser line. Just mouse click behind the digit(s) you want to replace and backspace then type in the new number.

Does that help?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Next to the GO box, there are some blue numbers you can click on to go to that page. Looks like ya can skip 5 pages at a time.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

beeg wrote:Next to the GO box, there are some blue numbers you can click on to go to that page. Looks like ya can skip 5 pages at a time.
Yes, but, if there are 300 pages and I want to go to page 150 I have to click 30 times to get there!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It would be nice if I could just put 150 in the GO box and have it work.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
beeg wrote:Next to the GO box, there are some blue numbers you can click on to go to that page. Looks like ya can skip 5 pages at a time.
Yes, but, if there are 300 pages and I want to go to page 150 I have to click 30 times to get there!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It would be nice if I could just put 150 in the GO box and have it work.
When I click on the first of those 'blue numbers', a window opens up and allows me to respecify that number.(51 of 138). Clicking "ok" then goes to page 51.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
jsburger wrote:
When I click on the first of those 'blue numbers', a window opens up and allows me to respecify that number.(51 of 138). Clicking "ok" then goes to page 51.
There is obviously something wrong. When I tried what you said the window came up, enter a page and an error " thread not found". Tried again and no window, nothing. :confused: :confused: :confused:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:
jsburger wrote:
There is obviously something wrong. When I tried what you said the window came up, enter a page and an error " thread not found". Tried again and no window, nothing. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Which forum flavor are you using?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

bobc4383 wrote:I am not sure who to address this to, but how do I go to a specific page in a certain section? I am up to page 51 in beginning woodworking, but if I close the page and go back in, I am at page 1. If I put 51 in the 'go to' box, it just sits there, and I have to scroll through every page to get to 51 again. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks
Bob
Bob, JPG is on to something there, I just tried the "jump to page" function and it worked for me. using the subsilver2 board style :)

There are four different board styles available on the Shopsmith Forum, To change your board style preference,

Click User Control Panel - Board Preferences - open the drop down menu under My board style and choose prosilver or subsilver2, jump to page works in either of them, shopsmith and shopsmith1 not so much, then click submit at the bottom of the page,

Another trick is to set your browser to "open links in new tabs instead of new windows"

When you want to read a thread click on it with the mouse wheel instead of left clicking it, that will open it in a new tab, and leave your place in the directory on the original tab untouched. :cool:
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:

Thanks
Bob
Bob, JPG is on to something there, I just tried the "jump to page" function and it worked for me. using the subsilver2 board style :)

There are four different board styles available on the Shopsmith Forum, To change your board style preference,

Click User Control Panel - Board Preferences - open the drop down menu under My board style and choose prosilver or subsilver2, jump to page works in either of them, shopsmith and shopsmith1 not so much, then click submit at the bottom of the page,

Another trick is to set your browser to "open links in new tabs instead of new windows"

When you want to read a thread click on it with the mouse wheel instead of left clicking it, that will open it in a new tab, and leave your place in the directory on the original tab untouched. :cool:
I use shopsmith and it works.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝