Missing attachments

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jrrivera69
Bronze Member

Missing attachments

Post by jrrivera69 »

I bought a New Shopsmith 500 in 1981. I thought it came with the Mortise attachment since I
bought with almost everything I can think off and send it to Puerto Rico.
I have not use or needed the Mortise attachment till now. I can find the clamping mechanism but
nothing else. So I am wondering if I am mistaken in thinking the Mortise attachment was included.
Anyone knows if the Mort Att will not be part of an all you can get order. ?
(The unit has the bandsaw, Sanders (3), Joiner, Dadoes, Shaper and Lathe attachments. )
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Missing attachments

Post by jsburger »

jrrivera69 wrote:I bought a New Shopsmith 500 in 1981. I thought it came with the Mortise attachment since I
bought with almost everything I can think off and send it to Puerto Rico.
I have not use or needed the Mortise attachment till now. I can find the clamping mechanism but
nothing else. So I am wondering if I am mistaken in thinking the Mortise attachment was included.
Anyone knows if the Mort Att will not be part of an all you can get order. ?
(The unit has the bandsaw, Sanders (3), Joiner, Dadoes, Shaper and Lathe attachments. )
Not sure what an "all you can get order" is. The mortise attachment would have to be ordered. It does not come with the standard SS package. Nor does the band saw, jointer, dadoes and shaper. Those would also have to be ordered separately. As for sanders, I don't know what you have but the standard SS package only comes with the 12" sanding disk.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

In those days Shopsmith indeed sold “Packages” bundles if you will.

I bought what Shopsmith called “The Ultimate Package”. It had literally everything in it; all SPT’s, all accessories, literally everything in their catalog including scrapers, Japanese Flush Saws, files, gouges, and yes the mortice hold-down, and all four chisel sizes.

Yours must have gotten separated somewhere along the path of life.

I slid my system in Dallas years ago, but everything is an apt description.
I have bought many systems since, but lamented the day I sold it all so many years ago.

Everett
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

everettdavis wrote:In those days Shopsmith indeed sold “Packages” bundles if you will.

I bought what Shopsmith called “The Ultimate Package”. It had literally everything in it; all SPT’s, all accessories, literally everything in their catalog including scrapers, Japanese Flush Saws, files, gouges, and yes the mortice hold-down, and all four chisel sizes.

Yours must have gotten separated somewhere along the path of life.

I slid my system in Dallas years ago, but everything is an apt description.
I have bought many systems since, but lamented the day I sold it all so many years ago.

Everett
I stand corrected. :o :o :o
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jrrivera69
Bronze Member

Post by jrrivera69 »

OK, Thanks all that replied.
I did the Ultimate Pkg.
I still have all the tools except part of the Mortise. So I must have lost it since all that equipment
was shipped to Georgia and then Arizona.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

They show up on eBay from time to time.
You might watch and if the list a buy it now price you can acquire one.
Also there is a Shopsmith Sales Group on Facebook where you could seek it.

Everett