Scroll saw parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

236bob
Silver Member

Scroll saw parts

Post by 236bob »

Hi all, it has been awhile since posting. You all have so much info. that I can always figure things out. This time however, I need Extra help from you folks to find some parts Shopsmith does not sell. They still sell the scroll saw but will not sell these parts for the scroll saw. The 518178 Scroll Saw Release Latch and 518154 Scroll Saw Upper Blade Block. Thanks for any help.
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Scroll saw parts

Post by rpd »

Who told you SS won't sell the parts? :confused:

Both show on the current parts list, and I was able to put them in the shopping cart.
It is possible they are out of stock, but they should put them on back order and ship when available if that is the case. :)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
236bob
Silver Member

Post by 236bob »

I also was able to put the parts into the shopping cart. Sadly, when the shipment arrived, there was a note on the invoice that stated that they no longer carried upper blade block 518154. Also the latch release 518178 has been discontinued. When I checked on another part of the order, they had told me that all of this was in stock and ready to go. The sad thing is that they charged me for the parts they couldn't send.

When I called SS customer service, they even told me that the parts were still available until I told them what had happened. So the agent checked with her supervisor. When she returned she verified what the invoice said that the parts were no longer able to be purchase.

So again, any ideas where I might be able to purchase these parts.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Did they send you a refund?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Very strange, considering they still sell the scroll saw. :confused:

I wonder if they still sell the blade block upgrade, which consists of those parts plus the lower chuck. https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... blocks.htm
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
236bob
Silver Member

Post by 236bob »

Hi all, I will check on the upgrade kit but I believe it is out of stock as well. I thought it was odd that they still sell the saw but no parts. At least they don't have these parts. They did charge less for the parts that thy didn't have. It just didn't show up until later on the bill. Thanks for the help.
236bob
Silver Member

Post by 236bob »

I called them to see about the upgrade kit. She said it was available but when I asked her to check on it, it was not there. She said she would call me back before the day was out, after she checked to see what was going on. She has not called back as of last Friday. I hope there is someone that may be able to help us get these parts, thanks.