Latest Project

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bainin
Platinum Member

Latest Project

Post by bainin »

Well - I managed to get back to it and completed a couple of items in the shop.

If you follow my previous posts, I was working on getting a box joint jig operational.
boxjoint-jig.jpg
boxjoint-jig.jpg (153.19 KiB) Viewed 23429 times
I dont really like running without the upper guard-but for these tall boards-I couldnt think of a way to do it other than this.

The wife requested a second step stool after acceptance of the first-she helped with the clear coat poly to get it done.
stool2.jpg
stool2.jpg (66.8 KiB) Viewed 23429 times
I wasnt too happy with all the screws I had used in the first 2, so I figured I would try to improve my game and use box joints on the support frames for the steps with this final result.
stool3.jpg
stool3.jpg (60.67 KiB) Viewed 23429 times
You see the happy customer with matching seal point paint job :)

If I look too close-they all have issues -but I guess thats part of the process. I clearly have to spend more time on the sanding/painting/staining etc...I tend to rush that currently.

Now I have to figure out what is next - a bit tired of step stools at this point haha.

b
Attachments
stool set.jpg
stool set.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 23429 times
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Re: Latest Project

Post by wa2crk »

They may have issues as you said but I can't see them. You see them and know where they are so your eye will naturally go right to them. That's just human nature. However they are very nice and look professional. Like the shop cat too!!
Bill V
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Lookin’ good ... that last stool is definitely a “step up” from the first two! Your cat obviously appreciates finer woodworking. ;)
robertkings
Bronze Member

Post by robertkings »

great idea, I plan on giving this a try myself! I've recently been experimenting with all these new woodworking plans i got from this site: bit.ly/2Tu6fNM
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

robertkings wrote:great idea, I plan on giving this a try myself! I've recently been experimenting with all these new woodworking plans i got from this site: bit.ly/2Tu6fNM
Spam??? Is that really a wood working site? Anyone willing to look? Not me. :eek:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

jsburger wrote:
robertkings wrote:great idea, I plan on giving this a try myself! I've recently been experimenting with all these new woodworking plans i got from this site: bit.ly/2Tu6fNM
Spam??? Is that really a wood working site? Anyone willing to look? Not me. :eek:
Got to worry when it is a first post and not an address that looks remotely like a conventional one. Especially with all that has been happening here of late. I'll let someone else take a chance......

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:
jsburger wrote:
Got to worry when it is a first post and not an address that looks remotely like a conventional one. Especially with all that has been happening here of late. I'll let someone else take a chance......

Ed
Yup!!!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

The same post is on Lumberjocks, Matt Cremona and Ana White, so pretty sure it's spam. Bitly is a URL-shortening service - you give them a URL as long as your arm and they give you a short alias starting with bit.ly to be used instead. I'm told you can find the real URL by going to the bit.ly URL followed by a + sign (e.g., bit.ly/2Tu6fNM+), but I've never tried it.
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

It's definitely spam. It leads to the signup page for a site where it looks like they sell a subscription service for woodworking plans, or something like that. I don't want to mention the name.