Shopsmith Files

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tucsonguy
Gold Member

Shopsmith Files

Post by tucsonguy »

I spend a lot more time on the Facebook Shopsmith User's group. Sorry!
The FB main users group has a large files section but its entirely chaotic and not organizable (thanks, FB :( )

So I have created a simple HTML page and stored the files on an available server. This allows me to alphabetize it, organize it, and maintain it a lot more easily. And the links won't break or change (as I control the server).

Anyway, I'm putting a here in the hopes that it is helpful for you guys as well.

http://www.lhdigest.com/SS/PDFsearch.cfm

If you do find it useful and want to contribute to it, just contact me and send me files :)

Geoff
Geoff Baker
1951 10ER w variable speed electronic motor with reverse
1999 520 w PowerPro
Belt sander - strip sander - bandsaw - scrollsaw - jointer - overarm router - undertable router mounted on main SS saw table - speed increaser - speed reducer - forced air HEPA filter for headstock - 19" SS powered aluminum drum sander - index wheel system - lathe table crossslide vise system
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Files

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

That's a nice collection of documents, TucsonGuy. Thanks for sharing!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I suggest changing the title of the planer restored by Everett to just plain planer. The manual is NOT a professional
Planer.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

JPG is correct. It is not the Professional Planer. When it came out in the 1980's the Professional Planer didn't exist. After it came out the original was referred to as Shopsmith Mounted Planer to distinguish them.

That was unnecessary in the 1980's as it was their only planer

Even the units that were converted to stand still were not Professional Planers. Only the cast iron bed model was and there never was a Shopsmith Mounted Professional Planer version. It would have been too heavy for most people to mount with the cast iron bed.

Everett
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

The Professional Planer manual is available on the Vintage Machinery web page.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=6080
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
tucsonguy
Gold Member

Post by tucsonguy »

I have changed the file name.
Geoff Baker
1999 520 w PowerPro
Belt sander - strip sander - bandsaw - scrollsaw - jointer - overarm router - undertable router mounted on main SS saw table - speed increaser - speed reducer - forced air HEPA filter for headstock - 19" SS powered aluminum drum sander - index wheel system - lathe table crossslide vise system
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I added a link to the 'Newowner' post that takes one to the FB files retained by Tucsonguy.

That collection will be very useful down the road. I do hope it will continue to be available/maintained.

I doubt SS would be agreeable to include it here, but it would be a great service.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
tucsonguy
Gold Member

Post by tucsonguy »

JPG wrote:I added a link to the 'Newowner' post that takes one to the FB files retained by Tucsonguy.

That collection will be very useful down the road. I do hope it will continue to be available/maintained.
Unless disk space or bandwidth becomes a problem :) You never know what will happen down the road. As I said earlier, I set this up as the FB files are a mess and always will be - and another user who was maintaining similar files decided they had to shut down.

I'll keep them up as long as I can! And of course, should anyone else step forward and have the space … I'll make the files available.
Geoff Baker
1999 520 w PowerPro
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

You might want to snag and include the latest version of the Headstock Improvement Kit that Bill Mayo asked me to update several months before he passed. He was a good friend and mentor.

The file is on the main page of the post where the My Google Drive link appears.

Everett
ricksss96
Silver Member

Post by ricksss96 »

Everett - thanks for this tip. I've made a copy of it and will see if I can improve my old headstock with his advice.

-Rick