Time to discuss Attachments

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Time to discuss Attachments

Post by rpd »

Spooner wrote:Thanks a ton Russ!!! That is all good stuff. It's hard to believe these tools are nearly 60 some years old ish.

RPD thanks for the link. That will be a big help getting it cleaned up. I have a 3d printer. I'll bet I could come up with something myself.

Thanks guys.
Unless you are making a lot of them 3d printing is overkill, the fix in the video is just two holes drilled in a block of plastic, stronger, and faster than programing the printer. ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

chapmanruss wrote: If you need a replacement gasket for the main housing cover you can make one and I can post a picture of it if you need it.
Russ... when you get a chance please post that image of the gasket so I have it when I open up the housing.

Thanks
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

A picture of the gasket is in this post. :)

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 24#p259824
Ron Dyck
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Thanks for posting the link Ron.

If your current gasket is unusable as a guide for a new one you can use the cover as a cutting guide. Mark the screw holes to cut out and don't forget to add a breather hole. There is only one breather hole but the OEM gasket is cut so no matter which way you put it in there is an opening for the breather hole.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

That is perfect Ron thanks!!!
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

Hey Guys.

New Serial Number for a 6" Belt Sander to look up. Can someone look up or point me in the direction to look it up myself serial #: 38776?

Thanks in advance!!!
Spooner
Gold Member

Re: юмор

Post by Spooner »

Vladislavjenty wrote:Позавчера наблюдал контент инет, при этом к своему восторгу обнаружил интересный сайт. Вот посмотрите: ксгофаст . Для моих близких данный ресурс показался довольно привлекательным. Всего наилучшего!
Gennadiysoopy wrote:Утром смотрел материалы сети, неожиданно к своему удивлению открыл замечательный вебсайт. Посмотрите: Ааха . Для нас данный ресурс оказался очень привлекательным. Всего хорошего!
WTF?!?!?
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: юмор

Post by rpd »

Spooner wrote:
Vladislavjenty wrote:Позавчера наблюдал контент инет, при этом к своему восторгу обнаружил интересный сайт. Вот посмотрите: ксгофаст . Для моих близких данный ресурс показался довольно привлекательным. Всего наилучшего!
Gennadiysoopy wrote:Утром смотрел материалы сети, неожиданно к своему удивлению открыл замечательный вебсайт. Посмотрите: Ааха . Для нас данный ресурс оказался очень привлекательным. Всего хорошего!
WTF?!?!?
It is SPAM. Just ignore it, Someone will report it, and admin will make it go away. :)
Ron Dyck
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

Thanks RPD... for a minute there I thought I'd been hacked.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Spooner,

Can you post a picture of the Belt Sander S/N plate. If it is S/N SS 38776 made by Shopsmith Inc. than it was made in March of 1984. I don't believe the serial numbers from the 1960's go that high but we do not have any S/N listings past 1961 until 1978 for any of the tools. The Belt Sander was introduced in 1955 and by 1960 when the last known serial number (17788) by production date was listed there had only been a little over 7000 Belt Sanders made. When Shopsmith Inc. formed and restarted production of the Shopsmith and related SPT's they added the prefix SS to their serial numbers and began from 1001. When the Mark V serial numbers changed to date codes in 1987 the serial numbers had not reached the starting serial numbers for the original 1954 Mark 5. There are date codes that match serial numbers but again those serial numbers will have the prefix SS in front of them and date codes are on stickers on the Mark V not on the vent plate. Starting serial numbers for the SPT's in the 1950's vary widely and there are serial numbers repeated from the 1950's & 1960's with ones made by Shopsmith Inc. before date coding.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.