Mark VII on loan

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ceyoung77
Silver Member

Mark VII on loan

Post by ceyoung77 »

Just last night I was loaned a Mark VII, it hasn't been used in a number of years. I was asked to get it cleaned and running. I've been told the plastic cam was replaced with a metal cam. I have no idea where to start,or how to turn it on. I haven't been able to locate the key for it, but was told that if needed I could bypass that with a switch. I'd like to find a manual, if possible. It has many parts, most of them i don't know the purpose. It has a sanding disk, a table saw table, jig saw and a few parts the look to be for use on a router table.
I'm interested in using it as a lathe. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Re: Mark VII on loan

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Welcome to the forum. I do not have a MK VII but there is information on them here and others will be glad to answer specific questions you have. To start with, look at the sticky notes at the top of the Maintenance and Repair sections. There is a lot of information there that will help you and even if it is not specifically for the MK VII it will help you. I believe the manual may be found by following the link in the topic "Large Format Drawings" labeled "My Google Drive".
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

thunderbirdbat wrote:Welcome to the forum. I do not have a MK VII but there is information on them here and others will be glad to answer specific questions you have. To start with, look at the sticky notes at the top of the Maintenance and Repair sections. There is a lot of information there that will help you and even if it is not specifically for the MK VII it will help you. I believe the manual may be found by following the link in the topic "Large Format Drawings" labeled "My Google Drive".
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 10&t=11373

I can get you a copy of the key at cost.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ceyoung77
Silver Member

Post by ceyoung77 »

What is cost?

Thanks!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ceyoung77 wrote:What is cost?

Thanks!
Last time I had two made it was about $14 total. It is a double cut key.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ceyoung77
Silver Member

Post by ceyoung77 »

That seems doable, I'm interested in getting the keys made. Are they all keyed the same? Let me know.

Thanks again!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ceyoung77 wrote:That seems doable, I'm interested in getting the keys made. Are they all keyed the same? Let me know.

Thanks again!
Both "all" Mark VII and the Saw Smith keys are the same. They are stamped "YPP" which refers to "Yuba Power Products".

I will get one made and get back to you.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

ceyoung77
Silver Member

Post by ceyoung77 »

Ok, sounds good! Thanks so much.
ceyoung77
Silver Member

Post by ceyoung77 »

I found the key!!!

Also, I wanted to post some pictures, most of the stuff I have no idea the use. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks again!
Attachments
Shopsmith_parts2.jpg
Shopsmith_parts2.jpg (305.63 KiB) Viewed 20651 times
Last edited by ceyoung77 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ceyoung77 wrote:I found the key!!! WAHOOOOO! Take good care of it(get a copy!!!).

Also, I wanted to post some pictures, most of the stuff I have no idea the use. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks again!
With posted pix, we can help identify all that stuff.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝